Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: magazine chipped

Default magazine chipped

I was at the range today and the top of my magazine ended up with a metal shard in the polymer. It stopped me from loading more than 1 round. I took it out and it left a nice hole in it. Still works I suppose, but now when I empty a clip, the slide won't stay back. I have no idea why. I stripped the gun, couldn't find anywhere the shard fits. Thoughts?

Is it the mag follower that was damaged? If so, that is not uncommon around. If the follower is missing a piece, it will fail to activate (push up on) the slide stop, and your slide won't lock back after the last round.

If that is the case, you might want to consider the Lakeline LLC metal followers. I and several others have switched out our stock followers for the Lakeline LLC upgrades, and the results are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3mitty View Post
    I was at the range today and the top of my magazine ended up with a metal shard in the polymer. It stopped me from loading more than 1 round. I took it out and it left a nice hole in it. Still works I suppose, but now when I empty a clip, the slide won't stay back. I have no idea why. I stripped the gun, couldn't find anywhere the shard fits. Thoughts?
    Maybe one of these?

If so, put a little glue on it and push back in place. It should go back in far enough that it doesn't interfere with the follower's travel.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>