Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 380 round did you decide on for personal defense?

Another Critical Defense fan. Zero FTF/FTE. Absolute confidence in this round. There are a few ballistic gel test videos where it comes up short, but most are pretty good for a .380.

Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post
    Don’t disagree but for a 2.5” barrel in a P380 vs 3.25” barrel for the Glock 42 that is probably the best Your going to get. Looks like that .75” difference really helps the expansion & penetration.
    If you find better out of a 2.5” barrel please let me know.
    I didn't post that to disagree with you...I was actually just adding another vote of confidence for the CD round. I actually bought a couple hundreds of the standard CD and the "zombie" green tips when I caught them on a couple of good sales. 12" of penetration with even moderate expansion is good enough for me to carry. Especially when you factor in that it's a) easy feeding for most micro pistols, and b) isn't a +P round that is going to beat the crap out of your little gun.
    Last edited by boscobarbell; 12-01-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Sorry I misunderstood your comment. I apologize. I’m so use to defending my EDC P380, that I go defensive immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I misunderstood your comment. I apologize. I’m so use to defending my EDC P380, that I go defensive immediately.

No need to defend it to me, I’m carrying the same thing with the same ammo. Great minds . I’m in no way delusional about the short falls of this decision, but this is the only gun that I can carry 100% of the time. At least it gives me a chance unlike the 9mm in the truck.

Absolutely agree on both “Great Minds” & 100% EDC. I don’t leave the house w/o it.

Gold Dot for me.

No sweat. I'm also a true believer in the .380 for EDC. I carry the biggest gun I can comfortably tuck away depending upon weather, outfit, and activity, and I have no reservations when the pistol I reach for is a .380. Heck, I have 4, and can't seem to convince myself to part with any of them!

Guys: came across this website while looking for Penetration/Expansion data on the .380 Gold Dot. A wealth of interesting data to make a decision on:

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index...-ammo-380-auto

Enjoy!

My EDC is an openly carried 1911 .45, but I do have a Springfield Armory 911 .380 for certain concealment needs. I've had no failures with the CorBon Pow-R-Ball that is available from my local dealer. Appears to be same tech as Hornady Critical Defense. I'd rather use a FMJ than a hollow-point I didn't trust thoroughly.

Reliability is more important that any other factor, and "stopping power" is down the list unless you are a cop expecting a bad guy who might advance through gunfire.

And I just think about having an unopened 1K case of Gold Dot sitting on the ammo rack.

I wonder if bad guys use HP when committing their crimes?