CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which 380 round did you decide on for personal defense?

Prior to selling my CW380 for a CM9 I used corbon-380-acp-70gr-powrball.jpg Cycled without failures and was very accurate.

I'm thinking of ordering a couple boxes of Black Hills Honey Badger to try in my CT380. Heard some good reports and a friend uses that bullet in .38 Special. Anyone tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by onegun View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering a couple boxes of Black Hills Honey Badger to try in my CT380. Heard some good reports and a friend uses that bullet in .38 Special. Anyone tried them?
    I tried them in my CT380 and I had one failure to feed out of 20 rounds.

My CT380 cycles Lehigh Xtreme Defense and Penetrator with no issues at all and that’s what I carry.

While both Lehigh and Black Hills use Lehigh bullets, the Honey Badger bullet shape is a little different and the OAL of the cartridge is longer. In my one instance of failure, the cartridge jammed on the feed ramp and would not chamber.

Inceptor ARX on the left, Lehigh in the middle, Black Hills on the right.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I know New Jersey has hollow points illegal, but are Lehigh Xtreme Defense and Penetrator considered legal or illegal?

I guess I am really out of it. Still carrying Buffalo Bore 90 grain jacketed hollow point +P. Dan

I've been carrying this for years... figured the extra velocity would give it a bit more penetration, P380 with 2.5" barrel used in testing. This +P load is a bear and I can't shoot it as well as I used to, so I'm kind of looking for a replacement... eventually. It's not my primary carry for EDC, but it's the one I carry all day around the house and for maximum concealment. I usually wear my P40 with the 4" Kahr ported barrel, loaded with 180-grain Golden Sabers, the top-rated .40 S&W round by Lucky Gunner's gel testing.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".