Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which 380 round did you decide on for personal defense?

Default Which 380 round did you decide on for personal defense?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    And I just think about having an unopened 1K case of Gold Dot sitting on the ammo rack.

I wonder if bad guys use HP when committing their crimes?
    I doubt it. I think most crime is committed with whatever is available at the time. I’ve worked with investigators destroying evidence after trials are completed. Most of the guns I’ve seen over the last ten years of doing this have been junk. Lots of small caliber revolvers of little to no value. Most have no grips or electrical tape grips. Lots of chrome plated 25acp, 32acp and 380 semis like Cobra and Jimenez. Most of the time the magazines that still have ammo in them are full of ball or mixed matched hollow points and ball or a couple of different brands. I’ve seen only two guns over the years that hurt my feelings to cut up. One was a Colt 80 series 1911 and the other was an Iver Johnson over and under shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last comment was tongue in cheek, just like BG’s go to the range and “practice”. I don’t give too much credence in gel tests. If the HP round functions and shoots POA in your gun, use it. Heavy thick clothing may clog a round but I haven’t seen an expressed guarantee of expansion.

For those carrying the 380 everyday, how are you doing it? Most of the time I pocket carry mine in a remora holster. Sometime I like to wear it on my hip in a leather pancake holster though.

I front pocket carry in a Alabama kydex holster works great.

Agree on the unpredictable “expansion” part. Given that the Hornady CD goes bag every time and feeds & extracts every time out of my P380 that is my round of choice.
    As for EDC, ~90% of the time I use the DeSantis pocket holster and the other ~10% is in IWB from Just Holster It out of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    For those carrying the 380 everyday, how are you doing it? Most of the time I pocket carry mine in a remora holster. Sometime I like to wear it on my hip in a leather pancake holster though.
    I've got a Barsony Leather IWB clip that I carry appendix. This is my primary setup when I'm wearing lighter clothes or my gym attire, and it works fine even without a belt.

When the uniform of the day in ATL is cargo shorts and a t-shirt (most of the year), I carry my P380 in the right (strong side) cargo pocket using a Recluse OS holster. A big advantage of cargo pocket carry is that it is still easily accessible when wearing a seatbelt in a car.

Ammo is Hornady Critical Defense and a spare mag is carried in a small horizontal utility belt pouch on the left (weak) side.

I have the same rig for my CM9, but it is a little too big / heavy for me to routinely pocket carry and it is usually carried in a hybrid pancake holster.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Hornady Critical Defense. Never a failure of any kind.
    Same here for my CT380.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Default Which 380 round did you decide on for personal defense?

Well I can rule out the xtreme defender ammo. Mine has cycled that ammo fine before. Today after cleaning and lubing the 380, I loaded up a mag of the Underwood and hit the slide release. Instead of chambering the round it kicked it sideways and it stopped on the right side opening of the chamber. I loaded back up my critical defense that’s never given me a problem. Crazy how things can change.

My .380 is always pocket carry in some pocket holster.

Sometimes the cm9 is pocket carried. If I go to IWB it had been minimum the Kahr CM9 but that has been replaced with the Sig P365 (with 12 round mag.) almost the same size as the CM9 when IWB and only very slightly heavier.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/