Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What pistol has never failed on you.....

I never did round count before owning the Pico and the Beretta Nano. Both have never failed. I stopped counting the Pico flawless rounds at 2500. Actually I own two of them and both flawless. I bought the Nano in 2018 and in August finished shooting 5,000 rounds of flawless rounds down range with about 8 different ammunition's from 110gr to 147. and various Plus P ammo. Stopped counting at the 5.000 mark and still running perfect. My other guns I own, about 15 all seem to run well with most quality range ammo. However it is something that I never focused on at the range and never paid much attention to a bad round. I have had 4 Ruger LCP's, some would shoot just about anything, some were picky. No big deal to find out what they liked. The only problem with them, was the fact they would fall apart after any substantial ammo was fired through them. My CW380 is finicky, but I really like the gun and finding what ammo out it churns out on a regular basis is NOT a big deal to me. I did have some issues when brand new, but I worked them out and the gun is a fine shooter.

I also believe the quality of the magazines has a lot to do with flawless shooting or reliable shooting of any particular firearm. And for all magazines, I load them up to full capacity and let the Spring "Set" for a few days.Same with Recoil springs. Do not know if there is fact behind this, but works for me and all my guns shoot well. Keep them cleaned and maintained seems to be a must for many guns. Especially firing pin and striker channels. I did have some failures with other guns when I used a new oil that really fouled them up. I also use a sonic cleaner about every 5th shooting session and blow out the channels really well. Also make sure the extractors are well cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I never did round count before owning the Pico and the Beretta Nano. Both have never failed. I stopped counting the Pico flawless rounds at 2500. Actually I own two of them and both flawless. I bought the Nano in 2018 and in August finished shooting 5,000 rounds of flawless rounds down range with about 8 different ammunition's from 110gr to 147. and various Plus P ammo. Stopped counting at the 5.000 mark and still running perfect. My other guns I own, about 15 all seem to run well with most quality range ammo. However it is something that I never focused on at the range and never paid much attention to a bad round. I have had 4 Ruger LCP's, some would shoot just about anything, some were picky. No big deal to find out what they liked. The only problem with them, was the fact they would fall apart after any substantial ammo was fired through them. My CW380 is finicky, but I really like the gun and finding what ammo out it churns out on a regular basis is NOT a big deal to me. I did have some issues when brand new, but I worked them out and the gun is a fine shooter.

I also believe the quality of the magazines has a lot to do with flawless shooting or reliable shooting of any particular firearm. And for all magazines, I load them up to full capacity and let the Spring "Set" for a few days.Same with Recoil springs. Do not know if there is fact behind this, but works for me and all my guns shoot well. Keep them cleaned and maintained seems to be a must for many guns. Especially firing pin and striker channels. I did have some failures with other guns when I used a new oil that really fouled them up. I also use a sonic cleaner about every 5th shooting session and blow out the channels really well. Also make sure the extractors are well cleaned.
    Thats good to hear that your Nano works well. I had one I bought when they first came out for $375 and it never was reliable, it had fail to extract problems with all ammo that wouldn’t go away. I liked the gun and shot it well but had to let it go. After Beretta denying there was an issue I think they came out with a new extractor design sometime later.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Thats good to hear that your Nano works well. I had one I bought when they first came out for $375 and it never was reliable, it had fail to extract problems with all ammo that wouldnÂ’t go away. I liked the gun and shot it well but had to let it go. After Beretta denying there was an issue I think they came out with a new extractor design sometime later.
    That mirrors my experience exactly. I put about 900 rounds down the pipe in my Nano and it would still fail to eject on occasion, always resulting in a double feed.
    I liked it otherwise, so it's good to read that King Rat's works reliably.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>