Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What pistol has never failed on you.....

Default What pistol has never failed on you.....

It’s been quiet lately so let’s start a little survey and see what comes up that’s interesting. What semi-auto pistol do you currently or previously own that has never failed and how many rounds has been through it? I’m always on the constant quest for the perfect pistol and would love to hear others experiences.

Yes I know any mechanical thing can fail. That’s not the point here. Some things fail less than others.

Never failed:
    By never failed I mean while shooting you have never had a fail to feed, fail to return to battery, fail to extract, fail to eject, broken part (spring, etc..)

Failures:
    If you shot 400 rounds and had a problem because it was dirty, that’s a failure. If it wasn’t lubed good and there was an issue, that’s a failure. If it has issue with multiple brands of ammo, that’s a failure. Limp wrist issues are failures.

Ammo problems:
    Hard primers, dud rounds, hates steel case, or just a bad batch of ammo IS NOT A FAILURE. That is an ammo problem.

I’ll start. My flawless pistols so far are:
    H&K P30 - 3000 rounds (deemed to be the AK of pistols) runs dirty, dry, in the rain, cold, everywhere.
    H&K P30sk - 1750 rounds
    Kahr CM9 - More rounds than I even know.
    Kahr CW9 - 1200 rounds and foolishly traded.
    Kahr CW380 - 300+ rounds
    CZ P-01 - 1650 rounds
    CZ P-09 - 1500 rounds
    CZ P-10c - 700 rounds
    Sig P365 - 700+ rounds

Pistols that have failed:
    Glock 19 gen 4
    Glock 19 gen 3
    CZ SP-01
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Default What pistol has never failed on you.....

Glock 17 Gen 2. Countless rounds. I did wear out the spring in the first mag eventually. I also sent it to Glock to deep clean and replace all the springs about 10 years ago “just because” but no failures other than the first mag.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Never failed me:
    *Any of my several Glocks (although I did see someone limp wrist one of mine and it failed for THAT shooter) have been 100% reliable for me.
    *All of my CZs have been 100% with the exception of a CZ97 which busted the bushing and seized up until repair.
    * All of my Sigs have been 100% reliable.
    * Gen 3 Smith & Wessons 100% reliable for me.
    * My Walthers have all been 100% reliable (PPS and P99)

Odd failures:
    I've had oddball failures that I can identify as not standard and due to an old spring, bad ammo, poorly done gunsmith job, etc. that I wouldn't fault the gun for. So I won't list them as it could have really happened to any gun. Most of my guns are bought used, so come with unknowns.

Brands to avoid:
    *Taurus semi autos are garbage. One of my first and few brand new handguns was a PT140 that would not work with assorted ammo. Even after sending it in and having Taurus "fix it." Hated that gun. Customer service is terrible. In later Taurus semi-autos, they recalled a dozen guns and screwed their customers on the deal.
    *Keltec. My only Keltec was a P3AT and also brand new. Was totally unreliable with any ammo. The company replaced it with a Gen2 P3AT. So, at least good customer service.

I quit counting rounds but I remember some of them.
    Glock 21
    M&P9, about 1200 rounds. The only failure was after I intentionally dropped it in the mud to see what would happen. It fired the round in the chamber but was too gritty to cycle.
    M&P9c 2.0
    Shield 9, probably 1400 rounds
    Ruger P95, even with a broken decocker spring which Ruger replaced for free

I forgot to add my Ruger LCP gen 1 as a good gun.

It has well over 1000 rounds through it of all different kinds of ammo and the only failures it has ever had was ammo issues with one batch of Independence Ammo .380 that had a weird case rim and would fail to extract every round.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Out of all of the firearms I have owned over the years, which has been at least 40 handguns including HK, Sig, S&W, Ruger, Beretta, the only one to fail me was my MK9.
    Last edited by berettabone; 11-28-2018 at 04:53 PM.

With over 1500 rounds each my T-9 and Ruger P-345 have never failed. Love shooting them both.
    My Sig Mosquito seems like it fails much of the time. It is a pain to shoot.

HK ; USPc, USP, P2000sk, P7M8, P7psp.
    Kahr; T9, (seven other have had failures)
    Beretta; 92fs, 84f, 85fs, 70S, Pico
    Daewoo; DP40, DH380, DP52
    Canik TP9sfx
    Astra; Constable 380, Constable .22lr
    Sig; P230-32-B
    Walther; TPH 25 and .22, PPS, P99c
    Makarov
    Colt; Woodsman MT
    Smith & Wesson; 908
    Seecamp; LWS32

All of the above have proven 100% reliable.

Some have had only a few hundred rounds. Most are into many thousands of rounds. Even the Seecamp was near 2000 rounds. I've owned about thirty other guns that had at least one mishap. Most disappointing are the seven Kahrs that had from only one or a few failures to others that had scores of failures. One Kahr had a broken trigger bar, others broke followers and the rest had feed, extraction or light strikes. Kahr as made me a HK or Beretta fan boy. Too bad because I like the guns, (obviously), but can't count on their reliability.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

After 50 some years and a whole of pistols, enumerating would require way too much thought. So I'll just say only a very few of mine have failed.
    NRA Benefactor

I'm with Itxi, easier to list the bad ones.
    I had a 2004 Kimber Gold Match II, external extractor, that was a jam-o-matic. Never got a whole mag to run. Sent it back to Kimber twice, no joy. Third time they replaced the slide with an internal extractor model. Ran 156 rounds through it without a hiccup, seems okay now, still won't carry it.

Had a Glock 41, every time you fired it the magazines would fall out. Back to the mother ship. Supposed to have been fixed, never tested to see, traded it on a CZ. No more issues. When my dad passed away, he left me a Jennings 22 Auto, piece of junk. I kept it, but never take it out of the safe.
    NRA Benefactor