CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

View Poll Results: Which gun should I buy?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • $350 from Gun Shop A

1 16.67%
  • $275 from Gun Shop B

5 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1st gun will be the CW9 but... I

Exclamation My 1st gun will be the CW9 but... I

Hey All,

I'm looking to buy my first gun and after much research and testing I've picked the CW9.

At gun shop "A" it is $350 used and comes with two magazines. Its condition is 'Very-Good'. I have had the opportunity to shoot it twice.

At gun shop "B" it is $275 used and comes with five magazines. Its condition is 'Good'. I cannot shoot this one because, there's no range there. It seems like a no brainer...

However, I am nervous that being whoever traded/sold it had 5 mags for it, they more than likely shot it often and may have put a lot of wear on the internals of the gun.

What should I do? Which gun should I pick? Does anyone know what to look for when buying used Kahr?

Having shot A and coming with an extra mag I’d say shop A. I’d try and get it for $350 out the door though being used and all.

The CW9 is a nice pistol. You can order one online maybe a little cheaper but sometimes a bird in the hand..... you know.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

IMO $350 is too much for a used CW9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Personally I'd probably go for B. I love lots of mags and you got a 100+ bucks worth.
    There's not that many internals that are going to wear out. They are pretty simple. If it looks decent cosmetically it's probably good to go.
    Might replace the recoil spring right off but I'd probably do that for either so that's a wash.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I would ask to field strip B, closely inspect everything, and bring it home with the extra mags. Then take the savings, buy several boxes of ammo, and off to the range.
    I always try to have 3-4 mags ( or more) for my carry pistols, so having more mags is always a good thing.
    NRA Benefactor

Cool Door Number Three @ $309.73 - Buy New and have a nice day

Really like my CW9

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

ditto!!!

Love my CW9! Dirtiest brand new gun from the factory I’ve ever encountered but after two hours of cleaning all the plastic flashing out of it and the front sight flying off the first time I shot it, it’s a winner.

Didn’t need any break-in of 200 rounds as Kahr recommends as it was reliable as a rock from the very first mag. I’ve since added a SS guide rod and charging handle from Lakeline.