Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P9 "lite striker fire"

Unhappy P9 "lite striker fire"

HELLO
    Just sent my P9 in for warranty repair. I have had lite striker fire about %50 of the time the last few hundred round. The firing pin would leave a small imprint on primer no matter the brand or type of ammo. Kahr told me to send in for warranty. Im concerned about the reliability since this is my edc. Hope it gets fixed!

Bryan

Sounds like the striker channel might have been gunked up. Wish you'd come here first, amongst us we might have figured it out without the trip.
    They will take care of it, no doubts.
    How many rounds through it before this started happening?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Sounds like the striker channel might have been gunked up. Wish you'd come here first, amongst us we might have figured it out without the trip.
    They will take care of it, no doubts.
    How many rounds through it before this started happening?
    3-400 rounds. I actually cleaned striker channel and went back out to the range with no luck.....We'll see.

Well I got my P9 back a week or so and went to range and put 120 rounds of different ammo through it. 10 lite fires, talked to Kahr and already shipped it back to them after they replaced the barrel and recoil spring. 2nd trip around, I hope it gets fixed. this is my edc and I really lost all trust in this gun. Im going to have to put 500 plus rounds through for me to carry this again. Im hoping to get it back in a week or so. Update soon...

Sorry to hear this.

My P9 had some issues during the first 200 rounds with a tight fitting barrel causing the pistol to lock up. That seems to have worked itself out and I’ve fired 500 flawless rounds since.

I hope they get yours fixed as a reliable P9 is a beautiful thing.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by bstep View Post
    Well I got my P9 back a week or so and went to range and put 120 rounds of different ammo through it. 10 lite fires, talked to Kahr and already shipped it back to them after they replaced the barrel and recoil spring. 2nd trip around, I hope it gets fixed. this is my edc and I really lost all trust in this gun. Im going to have to put 500 plus rounds through for me to carry this again. Im hoping to get it back in a week or so. Update soon...
    I forgot to mention, when I received my gun back the front sight marking was gone like it was wiped off. I don't see any reason why this happened and why they would send it back to me like that. Hopefully when I get it back all the issues im having are resolved , otherwise Im looking into the new Sig p365.

Received my p9 back, havent shot it yet, kahr said they replaced the slide, does that mean all the internal parts as well?

I hope you have better luck than I did. Got my cw9 back from the factory and they said they replaced the slide, striker spring, ejector spring and my gun still is lite striking. I'm done with it.

I posted this in the "CW9 Light Strike and Failure To Fire" thread.

Light primer strikes can (not always) be caused by the pistol not returning fully into battery. I mean fraction of an inch not returning into battery, where it's possible you couldn't even see it. Being how Kahrs are notorious for extreme extractor tension, including the last 3 I bought, I would check that first. It isn't that hard to do, and you can do it with a 1/4" bolt and a postal scale. I have and would personally check any Kahr pistol I bought before I even fired it. I was actually told by a very well respected gunsmith that the current Kahr really doesn't know how to fix their own pistols, they are just a bunch of parts changers. They had some people in he past that were very good, unfortunately they are no longer there. That is really a shame.

Shot 105 rounds 3 different brands and no lite primer strike but had a few times where it would fail to go into battery, I only use the slide lock to release slide. Im not doing anything about it until I break in the gun with another 150 rounds. Kahr replaced the slide this time around. We'll see!