Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: New PM45 Owner

Default New PM45 Owner

I'm a long-time Kahr fan. Several Kahrs in the past and a P380 & PM9 in my current inventory. I picked up my new PM45 (replacing a Kimber Ultra) this week and made it to the range for a quick 200 rounds. Extremely happy. Couple of early FTFs, but by the end, it was running great. I used 3 different types of range ammo for the break-in and at the end of the session I loaded 5+1 of my carry ammo (Critical Defense). The carry ammo cycled fine in a REALLY dirty weapon. There are several on-line videos, show PM45 ejected brass hitting the shooter in the head. Happily, none landed on my noggin. Still a Kahr fan....

Welcome aboard. My PM45 only ejects at my head when I get sloppy with my grip. Like a wake up call, pay attention.

Glad it ran well for you, great little guns, real caliber.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The best pistol Kahr offers. More than 15k through the two I’ve owned. Just a great carry piece. Love point shooting one handed at close range. Like an extension of your hand. I use mostly 185g hot loads. Can’t say enough how great this pistol is. A best kept secret.

Glad to hear that.
    My PM9 is my best carry.
    However I have my on PM45. I hear I can use all my 1911 mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard! I've had that "love tap" problem at times... PM45, I believe, and always wear a cap with the bill forward and low as possible when shooting. And of course, I use eye-protection, too.

The first time I shot my PM45, March 2010, I didn't realize the marks that were left... powder/oil, but my forehead was peppered with black marks and I left the range for a bit of shopping and didn't see the marks until much later. I just wonder what people thought!

I swapped for a DLC P45 with NS a few years ago and don't remember if it gave me any love taps.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wyn, the story and life of “Boomer” should be a sticky. You had bad luck with that problem child.

I loved the pistol... great size and accurate, but it had so many problems... from day one, and so many parts replaced... multiples of some major parts... and it "ate" magazines... even with a frame replacement. I think that the only original part on it was the slide lock pin. Kahr sent me two of those, but they weren't the DLC, so I returned them. After splitting mags again and returning to the mothership for the 6th time, Kahr Customer Service offered to replace "Franken-Boomer" and I asked for the P-model, since I really liked that size in the 9mm and .40 S&W.

The replacement P45 DLC/NS is terrific but the trigger is so smooth that I have premature trigger release when I try to "take up the slack" while getting back on target... have always hit the letter-sized targets, though.

My best fit is my P40 DLC/NS with the Kahr ported barrel... a tiny bit thinner and just seems a better fit, though it the 9 through the 45 all fit the same CrossBreed Mintuck holster that bought for my PM9.

I'm wearing my P380 now... always on or near me at home.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by max it View Post
    Glad to hear that.
    My PM9 is my best carry.
    However I have my on PM45. I hear I can use all my 1911 mags.

I did use some Wilson Combat magazines, the PM45 cycled, but the slide would not lock after the last round. And of course, the 7-round mags were way longer than the grip.

I use Wilson mags in everything and sometimes in the PM45. The officer model size fits pretty good, cycled and locked back. The 47D 8 round Wilsons worked but did not lock back. Kind of hit and miss. Not totally reliable although with some tweaking I think they could be.
    It's nice that the back up will run my spare 1911 mags though. One less thing ya know?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Good to know.