Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HoHoHo....it's December...

Perfectly describes how I today feel about life! Thank you!
    NRA Benefactor

Navy Cooks

An admiral visited one of the ships of the line under his command.
    While eating breakfast with the crew he was impressed to see the Naval insignia stamped on every biscuit.
    He went to the Chief cook to ask how this feat was done, so it could be used on other ships under his command.
    The Chief replied, "I'd be glad to share that with you, Admiral. After each biscuit is cut, I just slap it here against my belt buckle which bears the Navy insignia."
    Horrified, the Admiral exclaims, "That's very unhygienic!"
    The Chief shrugs and replies, "Well, if that's the way you feel, Sir, I suggest you avoid the donuts."
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

"Life Member NRA"

An elderly couple, a middle aged couple and a young couple all wanted to join the same church. The pastor met with them and explained, "We have a requirement to join the church. You must abstain from sex for 2 weeks". They all nodded in agreement. 2 weeks later the pastor finds the elderly couple. He inquires, "So, did you abstain from sex for 2 weeks?" "Oh yes", the man said, "It was no trouble". "Wonderful", the pastor said, "you'll be able to join the church". The pastor then tracks down the middle aged couple. "So, did you manage to abstain from sex?" "It was very difficult, and the second week, I had to sleep downstairs all week just to make it, but we were successful". "Wonderful" the pastor exclaimed, "You'll now be able to join the church!" He looks and looks and finally finds the young couple. "So, did you manage to abstain from sex?" The young man says, "We were doing so well the first few days, but then my wife climbed up a ladder to get a can of paint, and I was staring at her @$$ and we just couldn't help ourselves". The pastor says, "that's very disappointing, and you realize that I cannot allow you to join the church". The guy says, Yeah, I know, we're not welcome at Home Depot anymore either".

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Excellent! Thank you!
    NRA Benefactor

PLEASE keep them coming fellas! And, thanks for the one’s you’ve already posted!!!

Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it.
    NRA Benefactor

Gets what?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Gets what?
    Exactly....think on it.

And this was not original with me.....I'm not that deep clever.

Also...saw it superimposed over a picture of Stalin, if that helps.
    Last edited by ltxi; 12-20-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    NRA Benefactor

LETTER FROM A FARM KID,
    (NOW AT San Diego MARINE CORPS RECRUIT TRAINING.)

Dear Ma and Pa,

I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled.

I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. but I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.

Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.

We go on 'route marches,' which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A 'route march' is about as far as to our mail box at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.

The country is nice but awful flat The sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. The Captain is like the school board. Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake . I only beat him once. He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6' and 130 pounds and he's 6'8' and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,
    Caroline
    "Life Member NRA"