Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP to the last gentleman President & true hero

Default RIP to the last gentleman President & true hero

RIP President Bush...

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I never liked him, but I did respect him. RIP
    NRA Benefactor

God Bless Him!

-Rudyard Kipling

Our last truly exellent president. The past 26 years have not been kind to American politics.
    NRA Benefactor

For those who thought he was something of a wimp while in office, here is a very interesting "secret" account how he dragged his big cojones all over some Central American warlords face to face:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...er-heard-about
    -Rudyard Kipling

An amazing patriotic man and president. It's unrealistic to think or expect every POTUS will be perfectly aligned with you, but you can expect patriotism and greatness. Few or no Presidents came into office with his experience and accomplished what he did or participated in. He was an exceptional man and leader. Period.

RIP. One of the great Presidents IMO. His career was remarkable.

* Navy war pilot shot down, joined the service at 18, turning down a Yale scholarship. Was the youngest Navy pilot in history. Shot down over Japan territory in WWII.
    * Head of CIA
    * Vice POTUS 8 years, and stood in during one of the few assassination attempts on a POTUS (And being VP to Reagan - who was maybe top 5 or 10 POTUS in US history, is remarkable). VP during winning the cold war and defeating communism!
    * POTUS for a term. Oversaw an amazing fast and successful victory over Saddam Hussein who had one of the biggest militaries at the time. Didn't go on to mission creep; took the 100 hour war victory and low casualty rate. An example of fast and decisive victory.
    * Had a very high approval rating, and yet the only 1 term POTUS since Carter. Should have won a 2nd term, but Perot was a spoiler. Imagine how much better the world would be if Bill Clinton (and Hillary) were just a footnote in history instead, like Mondale or Dukakus if he had lost. Instead, Perot gave us Clinton (Clinton never won the popular vote, it should be noted for Dems to remember).
    * Father/son POTUS - son Bush went on to serve two terms as POTUS.
    * Other son Jeb had a successful career in politics.

What an incredible life and family. He was either VP, POTUS, or his son was POTUS for 20 out of 28 years!

He was not a perfect man, and people can debate his imperfections and policies like gun control on military bases, or alleged globalism, etc. But overall the nation did well under GHW Bush. He was among the best Presidents in the last 100 years for sure.

God rest his soul.

Rip

Default RIP to the last gentleman President & true hero

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    RIP President Bush...

Post removed for the stupidity it contained on my part...
    Last edited by primesteven72; 12-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by primesteven72 View Post
    You have got to be kidding me, right?

Holy ****!

How old are you? F I V E?

Ever hear of the Patriot Act cupcake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Patriot Act was the other Bush after 9/11. Not H.W. Bush.

H.W. Did do some weapon import bans, and promoted the “New World Order” (his words not mine.)

BUT, even though I didn’t agree with everything he did he was probably the last real gentleman President we’ve had since and he actually had some leadership experience.

And yep, he got beat because of Perot, not by Clinton.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/