Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: Will the new Trijicon Night Sights work on a 1996 Kahr K9?

Default Will the new Trijicon Night Sights work on a 1996 Kahr K9?

I am the proud new owner of a 1996 Kahr K9 pistol and I’m interested in replacing the older night sights (XS Big Dot) with something new, and I was considering the Trijicon Night Sights (3-dot) on the Kahr Arms website. Any idea if these sights will work on a 1996 slide/dovetail? Thanks for any help.

Foxmoor

Quote Originally Posted by foxmoor View Post
    I am the proud new owner of a 1996 Kahr K9 pistol and I’m interested in replacing the older night sights (XS Big Dot) with something new, and I was considering the Trijicon Night Sights (3-dot) on the Kahr Arms website. Any idea if these sights will work on a 1996 slide/dovetail? Thanks for any help.

Foxmoor
    I suspect a 1996 K9 will have the "old" style sight dovetail, but you can check the bottom of the slide to verify:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I had the same issue with my older T9 -- and instead, I went with an awesome set of Dawson Precision Fiber Optic Sights (click link for more details) which you can see on the link, as I had posted that info in the Kahr Tech forum months ago.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I found a set of old style night sights for my K40 at www.opticsplanet.com.