Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cw380 trying to see if this is normal or not

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    A dull tool would be my guess a cause. Internals could be fine though as different cuts require different tools.
    I have just took it apart and inspected it. Can someone tell me if the feed ramp is usually like this? It looks kind of crooked. Ive heard that kahr has some special style 'canted' barrel, but im not sure if this is normal.
    https://imgur.com/a/tQSZ2yE

Edit: could someone help me attach these images to the post? I cant figure it out (Edit2: got it) Ok, if someone isnt too busy today could you compare this feed ramp to your cw380? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by charczard View Post

I have just took it apart and inspected it. Can someone tell me if the feed ramp is usually like this? It looks kind of crooked. Ive heard that kahr has some special style 'canted' barrel, but im not sure if this is normal.

Edit: could someone help me attach these images to the post? I cant figure it out (Edit2: got it) Ok, if someone isnt too busy today could you compare this feed ramp to your cw380? thanks!

Ok now that I figured out how to attach images, for the posterity of the thread here is the slide: My question has now morphed into is this slide and barrel combo out of spec enough that I should demand kahr replace the gun? I called them on friday and the service agent passed the buck over to their production manager. it seems like if I want something done Im going to have to call back and demand something. If it turns out this barrel is also out of whack then I will feel much better about demanding kahr replace it.

This is a brand new gun that I purchased last Thursday. Havent done any work to it.

I'd remove "Demand" from the equation. Request nicely works a whole lot better anywhere you go.

The slide is wrong and I'm certain they will address that. The angle of the feed ramp is probably ok, I am concerned about the marks at the bottom. I don't have a 380 so I don't know how much that bottom of the ramp effects things.

I wouldn't do anything including shooting it until you get a response from Kahr. Another email suggesting "in a nice way" a replacement and concern about the barrel feed ramp is the next step.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^^ totally agree. demand was too strong of a word.

Quote Originally Posted by charczard View Post

That might be one of the worst feed ramps I've seen photos of. It's certainly horrible compared to the ramps on the Kahr pistols I own.
    For example, here's my P380's dirty barrel:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

My P380 feed ramp when I purchased it
    38F19239-BA0C-451D-8A5D-E2D084CBF155.jpg
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Thanks for the photos guys.. seems like it's not supposed to be crooked then. I hope kahr is sympathetic to me wanting a replacement.

Can I have some advice? I called back today, and I showed the pictures again to the service rep, who put me on hold while he went to show the pictures to a gunsmith. After that he said they will give me a shipping label so they can polish the feed ramp. I asked him what he said about the serrations and he said he forgot to ask...

I can polish a feed ramp myself, i dont need to send it in for that. I want to call back again tomorrow to ask about the serrations, but this will be the third time Ive called, the first time the service rep said someone would call me back (no one did) and the second time they said they 'forgot' to ask about it.

The last thing I want to do is send my gun away for a month only to get it back looking exactly the same.

I'm really bad at confrontational stuff and I'm really stressing about calling these people a third time to get an answer to a question they seem to be dodging. If someone could give me some pointers on what to say it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent you a PM. Look top right at notifications.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    How's this? Excuse the pocket lint, but I just pulled it out of my pocket to take the picture.

Attachment 15800Attachment 15801
    Yours looks a whole lot nicer than mine. I really don’t care that mine is rough but it’s interesting to see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk