Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cw380 trying to see if this is normal or not

Default Cw380 trying to see if this is normal or not

I bought this cw380 last week and I didnt notice this issue until after I got home. Is this normal? https://imgur.com/a/ugR4X3R

(cant figure out how to post a picture)

Looks like machining chatter. It's cosmetic but disappointing. You can send that photo to Kahr and see if they'll replace the slide.
    Hard to tell how deep it is from the photo. Might be able to sand it out.
    I put skate board tape in those grooves on my PM45 which helped the grip considerable and that would hide that.
    I'm sure Kahr would replace it and make it right, then you can do whatever works for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by charczard View Post
    I bought this cw380 last week and I didnt notice this issue until after I got home. Is this normal? https://imgur.com/a/ugR4X3R

(cant figure out how to post a picture)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Looks like machining chatter. It's cosmetic but disappointing. You can send that photo to Kahr and see if they'll replace the slide.
    Hard to tell how deep it is from the photo. Might be able to sand it out.
    I put skate board tape in those grooves on my PM45 which helped the grip considerable and that would hide that.
    I'm sure Kahr would replace it and make it right, then you can do whatever works for you.
    Thanks. Yeah I called kahr earlier today, the service rep said he has forwarded my pictures to the manufacturing manager in Massachusetts to see if this is abnormal or not for a cw380. I just wanted to get some opinions from the kahr community.

Im not one to care about cosmetic issues on guns, but when I buy something new I like to have it in good condition. If i end up carrying this thing I would not care about this issue in 6 months after it acquires holster wear.

My only concern is if I dont end up carrying this gun, and I decide to sell it.. well then Im pretty sure Id have to knock some money off the selling price because of these slide serrations. thats whats got me concerned. Id like to get somewhere between 300-350 if I sell it in "factory new condition". the way this gun currently is Im not sure I could ever do that.

Looks just like mine. I figured it was just part of buying the “value” line. I’m sure the P380 doesn’t look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    Looks just like mine. I figured it was just part of buying the “value” line. I’m sure the P380 doesn’t look like this.

"value" line is BS. This gun cost me a weeks paycheck, and its in a condition I have never seen another Kahr be in. the fact that I cant get my money back from a gun I havent even fired yet says all there needs to be said on the issue. the free market doesnt lie. If this was how cw series guns are then I should be able to re-sell it for close to what I paid for it.

I don't buy the "Value Line" story at all. I'm pretty confident Kahr will take care of that.

Theres less machining on the CW but many actually prefer the looks of them over the PM's. That was just poor machining.

I never consider resale much on guns. I seldom sell them and have never broke even or made money on them. Regretted selling most everyone I ever sold too. Guess I don't buy guns I don't like.

Course I never met a gun I didn't like either, that could be a clue.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've got three CW models and none look like that

Default Cw380 trying to see if this is normal or not

I wasn’t trying to say you’re wrong and I’m sorry your not happy with your purchase. I was only pointing out that mine is the same way. I’ve owned and shot it for a year now and pocket carried it everyday with confidence. A little light work in the beginning and it runs great with any ammo. I couldn’t care less how it looks as long as it works. If I wanted a pretty gun I wouldn’t have bought one. The company itself called CW their value line. It states on their website that they kept the cost lower by reducing the amount of machining. For what it’s worth I’ve payed more for gun that looked and worked worse. Again sorry you didn’t get what you’d hoped for. Maybe you can trade it off without losing any money.

I agree with the Colonel. Kahr will most likely take care of the issue. Value line doesn't mean poor machining is acceptable. I think a gun is like a car. You lose some value when you drive it off the lot. The only guns I've considered selling are the ones I puchased at a very good price. Then, perhaps I could sell it for the price I paid for it. For example, I paid $500 for a new K9 a few years ago and could sell it for about that today if I wanted to. Of course, I would NEVER do such a horrible thing as to sell my K9!

So if guns are like cars in that respect, then your Kahr is like a car...but then...they both sound alike too!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I personally agree with most of the above posts. Just because you do less machining on the on the “Value Line Slides” doesn’t mean you should do sloppy work! My current cuts on my CM9, CT380 & CW380 look as good as the cuts on my past pistols (MK9, PM9, CM9 and both P9’s). I wouldn’t be happy either, especially if I purchased it new.