Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: PM9 Reassembly Issue

Default PM9 Reassembly Issue

Today I took my PM9 to the gunsmith to get new sights installed. When done, the barrel and guide rod protrude about 1/8" from the of the gun. Is this right? For some reason I certainly don't recall the guide rod not being flush.

I do have some pics but am challenged when it comes to getting them posted.

You have to have 30 post to post direct pictures, you can use a host like tinypic or postimage etc. I'm challenged too.

First thing I'd do is take it apart again and make sure the recoil spring and guide are centered up. They are actually a bit off center but should be straight with the slide. Sometimes if it's off a bit the guide rod sticks out a bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You have to have 30 post to post direct pictures, you can use a host like tinypic or postimage etc. I'm challenged too.

First thing I'd do is take it apart again and make sure the recoil spring and guide are centered up. They are actually a bit off center but should be straight with the slide. Sometimes if it's off a bit the guide rod sticks out a bit.
    Apparently I've been doing a lot more lurking than posting...I have been here for a while and learned a lot!

What's the definition of insanity again? I have taken it apart and reassembled it probably a dozen times now. Oh well, I guess it's time to shoot.

Speaking with Kahr, they suggested it come back for a look. I'll post update when I get it back.

Got the PM9 back from Kahr yesterday. They replaced the recoil spring, removed one loop from the spring, replaced the slide with the "new style" and test fired. They also moved the fiber optic/night sights from old to new slide.

Speaking with them, I had a short slide for some reason. Odd, but the gun looks great!