Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: K40 Covert

Default K40 Covert

Well, I’ve had good and bad experiences with Kahr pistols, I’ve posted before about a P380 I had. After trying a lot of different kinds of ammo I just couldn’t get it to work. Luckily I was able to get the sub- $300 price I spent on it back when I traded it to a gun shop.

Yesterday I came across another one I’ve wanted to try, a K series. Specifically a K40 covert. I always liked the P coverts, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with the K. Shop wanted $350, I offered $300 and they took it. I shot it today and it is completely reliable with Golden Saber 180 gr bonded, ok. But the gun seems to shoot left. The sights are straight, maybe it’s just me and the way I’m holding the gun. Any recommendations? I have extensive handgun shooting experience but maybe I’m doing something wrong. It’s not far off, I can easily hit with it at 15 yards, it just bugs me.

Anyway I figured I couldn’t lose at that price, these were $700-800 guns new. I do like it a lot so far.

Try shooting with a finger extension if you haven't been, and see if that makes any difference. If not, have someone else shoot it and see if they have the same issue. If so, check to be sure the sights look properly centered and firmly in place. If so, check the muzzle (crown) for any signs of damage or abuse and consider a new recoil spring (that one is a long shot, but I almost always replace recoil springs in used guns anyway).

Might not hurt to try different ammo, but if the rounds are grouping appropriately but all to the left, that is unlikely to be the issue.

If none of that has gotten the job done then you might want to drift the rear sight to center the group, or send it off the Kahr to take a look at.

I don't know you and your experience but shooting left is often a sign of the shooter anticipating the shot and tightening grip or jerking trigger at the last moment. Perhaps the size and caliber is resulting in a bit more recoil than you are used to and that is causing you to flinch a bit. That's all I've got. Hope it helps.

Folks new to the Kahr trigger frequently shoot low/left for awhile till they get accustomed. This for right handed shooters, opposite of course if you make up the 6% of the population that is left handed.

I think it will get better by itself with more range time.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

How come I never see deals like that? Last one I saw was an abused worn mk9 and they wanted $600!
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Glockman4 View Post
    Well, I’ve had good and bad experiences with Kahr pistols, I’ve posted before about a P380 I had. After trying a lot of different kinds of ammo I just couldn’t get it to work. Luckily I was able to get the sub- $300 price I spent on it back when I traded it to a gun shop.

Yesterday I came across another one I’ve wanted to try, a K series. Specifically a K40 covert. I always liked the P coverts, so I figured I couldn’t go wrong with the K. Shop wanted $350, I offered $300 and they took it. I shot it today and it is completely reliable with Golden Saber 180 gr bonded, ok. But the gun seems to shoot left. The sights are straight, maybe it’s just me and the way I’m holding the gun. Any recommendations? I have extensive handgun shooting experience but maybe I’m doing something wrong. It’s not far off, I can easily hit with it at 15 yards, it just bugs me.

Anyway I figured I couldn’t lose at that price, these were $700-800 guns new. I do like it a lot so far.
    You got a heck of a deal, and I guarantee you it would sell for a profit on GunBroker right now. K40 Covert is a pretty rare pistol. Good score.