Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: New PM9 hard slide stop release

Default New PM9 hard slide stop release

I am the proud owner of a new Kahr PM9. The slide release lever is a two handed project at least. No way can I release the slide with just the thumb of my right hand. I have not stripped the weapon yet but will see if there is a way to make this acceptable. Appreciate any suggestions.

That's by design Bob. Put a round in the mag and it will release much much easier.
    I guess they want you to know your dropping the mag on an empty magazine.

When dropping the slide empty I generally give it a little tug back and drop the slide release and ease it down.
    Never did like slamming it shut, sort of like the screen door on Grandmas farm house, has a spring on it but she give me the what for if I let er slam.

Give it a try, I think you'll have a much more harmonious outcome.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thank you Bawanna, I will give that a try.

It's easy with NO magazine, too. The slide lock is pushed up to lock the slide back on an empty mag. The magazine spring and follower push up the slide lock when there's no ammo left in the mag, by design.

There's a bunch of stuff covered in the manual and the FAQ's at Kahr.com

https://www.kahr.com/faq/
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I wouldn't say that's normal. I would polish the contact points with 600 ->1000 sand paper and shoot the hell out of it. It will loosen up. I would also debur the the internals and clean out the striker channel.

First trip to the range today. 200 rounds with NO malfunctions of any kind. Slide release is fine with magazine in place. Now I need to not flinch so much so I can tighten up these groups.

Default New PM9 hard slide stop release

Good deal