Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus

Lets stick with Bailey's. More manly.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Lets stick with Bailey's. More manly.
    Even though I did like a touch of Bailey's on occasion, I think I'll just call it what it is.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

As a range officer that is exposed to a lot of various gun manufacturers, I find Taurus to be a hit or miss maker. I think before purchase of a new of used model, have someone competent carefully look over the gun. There are times when saving a few dollars especially resale dollars may not be the best way to go. Now for fun, I still have the itch for a Bulldog in .44 Special.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I had a Bulldog for awhile, one of the ones I regret terribly parting with. It was a good one. Don't recall why it left me, funds for something else probably.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    As a range officer that is exposed to a lot of various gun manufacturers, I find Taurus to be a hit or miss maker. I think before purchase of a new of used model, have someone competent carefully look over the gun. There are times when saving a few dollars especially resale dollars may not be the best way to go. Now for fun, I still have the itch for a Bulldog in .44 Special.
    Thanks for the input. You probably have been exposed to the brand more than I have. I've no experience with Taurus semi-automatic pistols and only with the three revolvers I own (almost forgot about the Ultralight 85). I've had the two 85s completely stripped down and their internals give me no reason for concern. From what I see and feel with the 431, I doubt it will either.

Charters are good if you stay away from several periods of their manufacture. I have a few myself and they always go bang when I want them to.
    My Bulldog is the "Target" model. I mostly feed it a diet of .44 Russian:

My favorite in an old 3" Undercover:

It'll sling'em pretty good at 10 yds. if I do my part:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Man you got some variety, I think you got at least one of everything and nice examples, every one I've seen.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

WOW, the convict and I really enjoyed your thread Greg......................Sure wish we would have been in your neighborhood this winter!
    The visit would be great and we wouldn't be freezing our butts off!!
    Say hi to the wife!!

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Thanks for the input. You probably have been exposed to the brand more than I have. I've no experience with Taurus semi-automatic pistols and only with the three revolvers I own (almost forgot about the Ultralight 85). I've had the two 85s completely stripped down and their internals give me no reason for concern. From what I see and feel with the 431, I doubt it will either.

Charters are good if you stay away from several periods of their manufacture. I have a few myself and they always go bang when I want them to.
    My Bulldog is the "Target" model. I mostly feed it a diet of .44 Russian:

My favorite in an old 3" Undercover:

It'll sling'em pretty good at 10 yds. if I do my part:

Regards,
    Greg
    Your Charters are of the same era as mine...original company, late '60s. Can tell by the frame finish. I now only have one....Undercover with bulldog grips...same as yours but short barrel. First lw snub I ever owned, and I still, never part with have it.

Took a look at run at new production Taurus revolvers today. No thanks! I'll stick with the early-mid 90's production ones if I ever get another.
    NRA Benefactor

The convict and I were talking AND wondering if you have ever used those snake loads on the real thing? We have carried those loads on a hike but no luck.
    We would LOVE to harvest a rattler. Hubby has a fiddle that needs a rattler tail for good luck.....or some folks say to keep the cobwebs out of the instrument.
    We've been in TX, AZ, and NV with no luck. Of course it's probably to cold in the winter for the rattlers to be out and about.

Years ago Hubby's Dad killed a Missauga in Michigan and it's tail went into His Father's Fiddle.

I'll have to check my desk, I had a small skinned rattler with rattle. Been hanging on the cubicle wall for years. I don't have a fiddle so might as well protect yours. I'll check tomorrow and see if it's worth sending.
    I imagine Greg could get a sack full of big ones any day of the week down there.

I'm plumb skeered of snakes, love to check out the desert down yonder but I'd be on high alert the whole time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan