Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    The convict and I were talking AND wondering if you have ever used those snake loads on the real thing? We have carried those loads on a hike but no luck.
    We would LOVE to harvest a rattler. Hubby has a fiddle that needs a rattler tail for good luck.....or some folks say to keep the cobwebs out of the instrument.
    We've been in TX, AZ, and NV with no luck. Of course it's probably to cold in the winter for the rattlers to be out and about.

Years ago Hubby's Dad killed a Missauga in Michigan and it's tail went into His Father's Fiddle.
    Can't speak for Greg, but I sure have. With good results. A goodly number of years, early '80s, back while often hiking in AZ desert country outside of Tucson. Wasn't looking to harvest. More just to git them afore they got me. Interesting/ironic is my desert hiking arm at the time was my aforementioned Charter Pathfinder. Identical to Greg's other than barrel length.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Man you got some variety, I think you got at least one of everything and nice examples, every one I've seen.
    Naw, I've got a little bit, but nothing real fancy. I do have a .22 Magnum Pathfinder that goes well with the Undercover

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

WOW, the convict and I really enjoyed your thread Greg......................Sure wish we would have been in your neighborhood this winter!
    The visit would be great and we wouldn't be freezing our butts off!!
    Say hi to the wife!!
    A visit would have been great! It's a bit chilly now, but not freezing. My better half says "hi" back at you two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Your Charters are of the same era as mine...original company, late '60s. Can tell by the frame finish. I now only have one....Undercover with bulldog grips...same as yours but short barrel. First lw snub I ever owned, and I still, never part with have it.

Took a look at run at new production Taurus revolvers today. No thanks! I'll stick with the early-mid 90's production ones if I ever get another.
    You've a good eye about the Charters
    Seeing the craftsmanship on my 1992 build 431, I can see why you would stick to early~mid 90's Taurus revolvers.

The convict and I were talking AND wondering if you have ever used those snake loads on the real thing? We have carried those loads on a hike but no luck.
    We would LOVE to harvest a rattler. Hubby has a fiddle that needs a rattler tail for good luck.....or some folks say to keep the cobwebs out of the instrument.
    We've been in TX, AZ, and NV with no luck. Of course it's probably to cold in the winter for the rattlers to be out and about.

Years ago Hubby's Dad killed a Missauga in Michigan and it's tail went into His Father's Fiddle.
    Nope, I've not had to use the snake loads on any critters. I have done in some paper plates with them

I'll have to check my desk, I had a small skinned rattler with rattle. Been hanging on the cubicle wall for years. I don't have a fiddle so might as well protect yours. I'll check tomorrow and see if it's worth sending.
    I imagine Greg could get a sack full of big ones any day of the week down there.

I'm plumb skeered of snakes, love to check out the desert down yonder but I'd be on high alert the whole time.
    Come on down!! You run across snakes during the warmer weather, but not as often as folks think...at least where I mosey about.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Can't speak for Greg, but I sure have. With good results. A goodly number of years, early '80s, back while often hiking in AZ desert country outside of Tucson. Wasn't looking to harvest. More just to git them afore they got me. Interesting/ironic is my desert hiking arm at the time was my aforementioned Charter Pathfinder. Identical to Greg's other than barrel length.
    A big thanks for the info on the shot shells! It's good to read they are effective on rattlers. My hiking piece usually has one chambered or first up in the rotation.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I'll have to check my desk, I had a small skinned rattler with rattle. Been hanging on the cubicle wall for years. I don't have a fiddle so might as well protect yours. I'll check tomorrow and see if it's worth sending.
    I imagine Greg could get a sack full of big ones any day of the week down there.

I'm plumb skeered of snakes, love to check out the desert down yonder but I'd be on high alert the whole time.
    Thanks Bawanna, we will see what happens!!!!

itxi, good to know. I've put snake loads in my Ruger 357 LCR (2 snake 3 357) and hubby carries (on a hike) the Governor with 3 410 rounds and 3 45 long colt.
    But we are usually in snake country during the winter (not this year) and we never see them.

Nice look at shot shells out of and semi........I always thought that a semi with shot shells was "likely" to fail, I'll have to rethink that.

I've meant to look for some of them shotshell in the auto but haven't seen any. Guess I best go online.

I know them 357/38 shotshells are quite effective on mice and rats, should work just fine on a snake. A little more forgiving in the aiming part too.
    Shot one a couple years ago with my 45, didn't have the 38, had to shoot twice. Imagine having to shoot twice with a 45, I was embarrassed.

FYI horses DO NOT LIKE shooting guns in their little barn. They were not pleased, thought they was gonna make a new door. Guess they aren't ready for mounted shooting yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Greg, your gonna have to go snake hunting for my cyber wife. I don't know what happened to mine. I rearranged my cubicle a year ago or so and remember I moved it, might have tossed it (I hate snakes). The rattle was good but didn't like the skin, should have just kept the rattle.

We don't want the convict having an unprotected fiddle on my watch.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool Bulls-eye Machine

Wanted a Bulldog 44 for years.
    Ended up getting a S&W 629-2 Mountain Revolver
    38 oz 44 Mag runs 44 Special like a kitty cat

Revolvers are awesome. I have looked at several 44 specials over time and just found ammo to hard to find so I have always passed.
    By all I have read it is a fantastic caliber. If ammo was available I would have one or two.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!