Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've meant to look for some of them shotshell in the auto but haven't seen any. Guess I best go online.

I know them 357/38 shotshells are quite effective on mice and rats, should work just fine on a snake. A little more forgiving in the aiming part too.
    Shot one a couple years ago with my 45, didn't have the 38, had to shoot twice. Imagine having to shoot twice with a 45, I was embarrassed.

FYI horses DO NOT LIKE shooting guns in their little barn. They were not pleased, thought they was gonna make a new door. Guess they aren't ready for mounted shooting yet.

We've watches mounted shooting.....it was great!!!! Those horses wear ear plugs!!!! If you think about it the gun goes off right next to there ear!!! I guess some horses never get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Revolvers are awesome. I have looked at several 44 specials over time and just found ammo to hard to find so I have always passed.
    By all I have read it is a fantastic caliber. If ammo was available I would have one or two.
    Hard to find or simply expensive? .44 Spl isn't for me an often shot caliber and I haven't needed more ammunition for quite awhile. But last I bought some it was readily available.
    NRA Benefactor

Congrats on the gorgeous wheel gun.

My first revolver was a Taurus 607 chambered in .357 and I still have it. It was on clearance for $220 a couple decades ago. Huge beast of a revolver. And an addiction!

I've owned and shot a number of guns since, and have Smiths, Rugers, and Taurus wheelies. Taurus can make (or rather generally clone) some good guns/revolvers and I was just admiring my Model 66 and Model 627 (Tracker). Well made. Paid under $300 for each of those. Haven't shot the 66 but it looks new, and the Tracker shoots like a dream.

Problem is the company is probably dying on the vine and I cannot recommend their inhouse new semi-auto guns any more, and would only recommend a wheel-gun at "disposable gun" pricing (e.g. I wouldn't pay more than probably $300 for ANY Taurus and probably far less and would ONLY buy upon extremely close inspection.)

I based that on personal experience, having had serious issues with THREE of their semi-autos. Dealing with their CS is the worst in any industry. I basically I took a bath on all three. And I base it on reliable complaints and growing discontent over on TaurusArmed from even long time die hard Taurus fanboys who are finally fed up and jumping ship. Taurus customer service has gone to the dogs, they've dropped their lifetime warranties on all new designed and production guns, dropping models left and right, poor leadership, and the lawsuit recall royally burned all their owners. It's becoming more common for gun stores to refuse to carry their products due to the endless complaints.

Contrast that with experiences I've had with other guns:
    * I recently had a 1975 Ruger Security Six trigger spring break. Ruger sent me one for free promptly with a phone call or email.
    * Walther, FN, and CZ all had a minor voluntary recall, paid for shipping both ways and either fixed the gun or replaced it.
    * Keltec pistol could not be fixed so KT replaced it no charge.

Yet Taurus' latest debacle with trigger drop safety issues was to under promise a fix, fail to make a fix, offer customers 1/2 value cash or undesirable trade-ins, reportedly has taken years to resolve these issues, and broken promises to repay shipping and FFL transfers... it's all over TaurusArmed...

I would only buy a older designed (10+ years) revolver in excellent condition upon extreme careful inspection and ideally test firing, and wouldn't put more than $300 max into one. You're not likely going to get good CS, parts, replacement, etc. for it, unlike Ruger or Smith etc.

Last edited by gb6491; 12-19-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Help me back in the chair, that bowled me over. I want something catchy like that when the time comes.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah...I really like that one, too...
    NRA Benefactor

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>