Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for collectors with gray , or no hair

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    While I hope we all live forever it's a good thing to have some of things official, written down, like a will. We keep saying we're gonna make a will but we never get round tuit.

I've helped several folks including my mom twice where a guy dies with a lot in one case and a few special ones in another case.
    In both cases the man was clear in what he wanted to happen to his guns. In the second case it didn't happen. I tried to buy a nice early 1911 from him but he wanted it to go to his Law Enforcement grandson. I was of course totally ok with that. Alas it didn't happen, several adult kids, a couple vultures, one with a lawyer on speed dial and I'm not sure what happened but grandson didnt' get it.

In the first case a significant other of more than 20 years with a pile of very nice guns, most of which I played 3rd party in acquiring. I spent a lot of time putting a value on them. My mom was very diplomatic and divided everything up I believe 7 ways. Most of the adult kids hadn't been in contact for the entire 20 years I knew him. Sure circled over head when he passed. My mom ended up with nothing, I did get a nice Woodsman Match Target out of that one and must missed a really nice 03 Springfield, on sensory overload I didn't acknowledge what it was and didn't try hard enough.

Course I guess when your gone, it don't really matter what happens on this side, cept taking care of family left behind. (If they ain't vultures).

See ya on the other side.
    I cannot speak for your state but where I live, not only do you need a will, you need a trust just to keep the State out of your bank account.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    While I hope we all live forever it's a good thing to have some of things official, written down, like a will. We keep saying we're gonna make a will but we never get round tuit.

I've helped several folks including my mom twice where a guy dies with a lot in one case and a few special ones in another case.
    In both cases the man was clear in what he wanted to happen to his guns. In the second case it didn't happen. I tried to buy a nice early 1911 from him but he wanted it to go to his Law Enforcement grandson. I was of course totally ok with that. Alas it didn't happen, several adult kids, a couple vultures, one with a lawyer on speed dial and I'm not sure what happened but grandson didnt' get it.

In the first case a significant other of more than 20 years with a pile of very nice guns, most of which I played 3rd party in acquiring. I spent a lot of time putting a value on them. My mom was very diplomatic and divided everything up I believe 7 ways. Most of the adult kids hadn't been in contact for the entire 20 years I knew him. Sure circled over head when he passed. My mom ended up with nothing, I did get a nice Woodsman Match Target out of that one and must missed a really nice 03 Springfield, on sensory overload I didn't acknowledge what it was and didn't try hard enough.

Course I guess when your gone, it don't really matter what happens on this side, cept taking care of family left behind. (If they ain't vultures).

See ya on the other side.
    I cannot speak for your state but where I live, not only do you need a will, you need a trust just to keep the State out of your bank account.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I've given 3 handguns to family members, but haven't decided what I will do with the rest.

I’ve already given guns from S&W .22s to AR15s, with Ruger Blackhawks & Colt 1911s in between, to my sons, a DIL, and grandsons. Still have a couple of score to distribute.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling