Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for collectors with gray , or no hair

Default Question for collectors with gray , or no hair

Ok, Full disclosure.
    I am in great health and still employed as an PT instructor and RSO but coming up to age 74 with a couple dozen guns.

Nothing particularly valuable as most all run in the $500-$1000 range.

They are all from solid manufacturers. The revolvers are mostly from S&W's Performance center and the semi's are mostly Sig P series, and a few wonderful strays like a PM9, K6s, etc.

My current frequent shooters are revolvers and because that damn P365 is such a nice gun (I have two), it gets 99% of my carry and range time so my actual "needs" for anything else is non-existent.

The only oddball is a really nice AR I built with the guarantee that Hillary would be scooping them all up once she was in the White House. A Molon Labe sort of thing.

Living in a state that did not fare well in the last election I can see our legislature following Bloombergs pre written "common sense" gun laws like 10 round mags, longer and more onerous waiting times, etc. hitting us in the next couple years.

I have made sure my daughter and son, neither of which are avid shooters, each have a S&W revolver along with proper training as to it's storage and use for house protection.

I ask this now because I really fear the sale and ownership of some firearms may become harder to sell then they are currently. I have a list of trusted friends along with a current dated list of pricing from the Bluebook of Gun Values taped to the inside of my gun safe but that is about it.

What and how are you guys and gals planning to distribute or sell your guns when it comes time assuming they will not be really treasured by your family at your passing or not well received when your kids move you to "the home"?

Any others in my boat?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

My plan is they all go in the box with me. Poor pall bearers.

My oldest is an avid gun guy and my youngest while not as avid knows them. He's supposed to be home for good from the Marines around New Years.
    So in sticking with my usual program of never selling they will probably end up with them to boost their collections or sell to purchase others if they still can.

I may thin the herd a bit. Most of mine were from friends or relatives or people I didn't even know who weren't into guns but knew I was and they just wanted a good home. So kind of a lot of sentimental value in my safe.

I do plan to take at least one with me with a couple extra mags. One just never knows.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I need to be buried in a large undisclosed vault under an unmarked grave.

Well, I’m about 20 years behind you but have asked myself the same questions. My 2 sons would both willingly take all I’ve got and my daughter would want to choose a few, mostly .22’s.

My quandary is I’m at a point where I’m needing to either buy some more secure storage or thin the herd. Everything I own now is a good shooter but some don’t get shot much but have a “purpose.” Some won’t be available if gun control legislation passes which makes me think they would be worth keeping. But then I think if it doesn’t make carry or home defense rotation should I sell?

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I started thinning years ago. No children to leave them to, so the wife will take control of them and do what she pleases with them. She has her own so I would assume they would probably get sold. Since I'll be cremated, can't take them with me. All defensive carry firearms now.

I don't want to rush things but can I get your wife's phone number?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have at least three shooters among my in-laws, so I'll probably have my "estate" give them first pick and then sell the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't want to rush things but can I get your wife's phone number?
    I could give it to you, but then who would do my laundry?????????

I don't want the wife, I got enough wife, and a few cyber brides AIRret one of my favorites, I just want the number for your untimely passing.
    Actually my dream is that you outlive me by 20 or 30 years but just in case ya know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't want the wife, I got enough wife, and a few cyber brides AIRret one of my favorites, I just want the number for your untimely passing.
    Actually my dream is that you outlive me by 20 or 30 years but just in case ya know.
    Well, In my case, getting my guns means ya gets my wife, too. There is no free lunch.
    NRA Benefactor