Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People take concealed carry far too seriously....

I often read news stories where “the homeowner isn’t being charged,” in home-defense type shootings. Hard to believe property would be taken when no crime was committed. But we can’t trust the news anyway.

Nothing is always and there are exceptions but very few. In some instances they might take the gun but return fairly quickly if there's no question and nothing for the lawyers to sink their teeth in.

The officer may call it slam dunk self defense but if it's possible to turn a mole hill into a mountain, detectives might try to run with it. This generally involves prosecutors / lawyers and we all know what can happen when they get involved.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    RMR is Ruggedized Miniature Reflex, Trijicon's small red dot sight for pistols. WML is Weapon Mounted Light, the generic term for a weapon light.
    Thank you!
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I often read news stories where “the homeowner isn’t being charged,” in home-defense type shootings. Hard to believe property would be taken when no crime was committed. But we can’t trust the news anyway.
    I can understand police taking possession of a firearms/weapon at the time of an incident and have no issues with the practice. What I can't accept is them retaining possession after a determination is made which clears the owner.

I had, as a private party, one of my handguns picked up after a shooting incident in my home. I got it back less than a week later. But that was a few decades back, when the the legal system and all were still sane.
    NRA Benefactor

This comes up with recovered stolen stuff even more than shootings. Guns stolen, or whatever, we recover them, have them in our hands but there's a suspect. I always say take a picture of the items and give them back.
    Lawyers do not want to hold up a picture for a jury or judge, they want to hold up an object. So as long as there's a forthcoming trial and even potential appeals, they refuse to give the stuff back.

It always ticked me off to no end. We have a persons prized item and they can't have it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I can understand police taking possession of a firearms/weapon at the time of an incident and have no issues with the practice. What I can't accept is them retaining possession after a determination is made which clears the owner.

I had, as a private party, one of my handguns picked up after a shooting incident in my home. I got it back less than a week later. But that was a few decades back, when the the legal system and all were still sane.
    Back in 1972 I carried my .22 rifle in the overhead bin when I was flying cross country (and back), to spend the summer with my Dad. Went to the dump with him to shoot rats.

Yes indeed, times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Back in 1972 I carried my .22 rifle in the overhead bin when I was flying cross country (and back), to spend the summer with my Dad. Went to the dump with him to shoot rats.

Yes indeed, times have changed.
    I even took my 22 to school for 'show and tell". I also carried it on city busses on occasion, but unloaded of course. Ah yes, times have indeed changed.

Meanwhile back at the original subject....
    It is always amazing to me the amount of "upgrades" some people make. In some cases the RMR. and WML .cost more than the gun they're mounted on. The proud owners of $3000 Glocks make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This comes up with recovered stolen stuff even more than shootings. Guns stolen, or whatever, we recover them, have them in our hands but there's a suspect. I always say take a picture of the items and give them back.
    Lawyers do not want to hold up a picture for a jury or judge, they want to hold up an object. So as long as there's a forthcoming trial and even potential appeals, they refuse to give the stuff back.

It always ticked me off to no end. We have a persons prized item and they can't have it.
    Yes, and just to be clear....I'm not blaming any rational police department/force. Not their fault.
    NRA Benefactor

While questioning the practice of "add on's",

anyone here own a box stock AR15 or AR10?

I didn't think so.
    "Never pet a burning dog"