Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW9 Light Strike and Failure To Fire

I flush through the small hole in the bottom of the slide when I clean the gun and have over 1500 trouble free rounds since I pulled the striker and cleaned the channel on my CW380. ammo finnicky? Who cares as long as it works perfectly with a good defense ammo. I have shot half a dozen or more brands of range ammo with no problem and both of the defense rounds I tried worked perfectly to. If I run into a brand that doesn't work I will just not buy it anymore.

Just out of curiosity and since I've not taken it apart since it was new when I took it apart to see if there was any machining stuff left behind (there was none) I took mine apart this morning, a PM45 but same principal, I never flush it out, just not convenient to go outside to spray it.
    There was enough to make a q tip dirty but certainly not enough to cause the slightest concern.
    I was surprised I got it apart so easily, seems I struggled just a bit before. They can be a little more difficult the first time, things can be tight.

I feel good now knowing it's all good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ingram View Post
    i agree with what you are saying. however, my edc won’t be a finicky ammo sensitive gun. i’m not saying this gun is...yet. i believe in proper cleaning and maintenance but if it gets to the point that i have to detail strip this gun after every 200 rounds just to get it to go bang, it will no longer be my gun.
    I totally agree. My first striker fired gun was an 80's vintage Glock. I didn't know anything about striker fired guns when I bought it, so I gave it no special treatment and it ran flawlessly. My next striker fired gun was a Kimber, and it was a finicky ***** right out of the box. On one of the trips back to the manufacturer, they proclaimed that the striker channel was contaminated with oil. WTF? My Glock could be black with scrunge and it would run flawlessly! Before you think that I'm a moron (I probably am, but for different reasons), on a subsequent trip back for warranty repair, they conceded that my gun was a POS, melted it down, gave me something else, and discontinued that model. After that experience, I generally remove firing pins or strikers periodically. Perhaps it's a little OCD, but it makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I flush through the small hole in the bottom of the slide when I clean the gun and have over 1500 trouble free rounds since I pulled the striker and cleaned the channel on my CW380. ammo finnicky? Who cares as long as it works perfectly with a good defense ammo. I have shot half a dozen or more brands of range ammo with no problem and both of the defense rounds I tried worked perfectly to. If I run into a brand that doesn't work I will just not buy it anymore.

Who cares? I care! I don’t want a gun that is a delicate flower that won’t go boom when my life is on the line.

My glock goes boom. each. and. every. time. Defensive rounds, range rounds, tulammo, wolf, etc...

It matters to me and it always will. Kahr has this one chance to make it right. If they don’t then I will by dumping the gun for something that is more reliable.

I like Paul Harrel’s take on defensive ammo. I’m not willing to spend upwards of 1.00 plus per round because i won’t pracitce with it. cost is an issue for me and i am not going to not shoot my ticonderoga preciouses.

🤪

Default Final Update On My CW9

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ingram View Post
    Purchased a new Cw9 and am having a terrible time with the firing pin not striking the primer hard enough to fire the cartridge. I have tried Blazer Brass Fmj, Remington green box jhp, sig sauer elite performance jhp and federal hydra shock ammo and all of them fail at random times with light primer strikes in this gun. I have a Glock 19 and have never had a primer failure. Is this common in this gun?

I bought this gun because i wanted a single stack 9mm and liked the way it fit my hand. Plus, i didn’t see too many issues on the interwebz with this partficular model. Did i just get a lemon? I hope Kahr fixes it. This dud is going back to the factory. I really like the trigger and it carries like a dream.

The dang thing doesn’t do me any good if it doesn’t go boom when i pull the trigger.

Got the gun back from the factory on 1/11/2019 and this is listed verbatim on what they said was done:

REPLACED STRIKER SPRING, REPLACED EXTRACTOR SPRING, REPLACED SLIDE, TESTFIRED OK (AMERICAN EAGLE 115 GR FMJ, REMINGTON 115 GR JHP) - #3

I took the gun to the range today, loaded up a magazine with 115 gr Remington Green and White Box jhp, boom, boom, boom, click.....

I loaded a magazine up with 115 gr Blazer Brass FMJ, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, click.....

Two lite strikes in ten rounds in unacceptable. Especially for a gun they were supposed to have "fixed".

I'm done with this handgun. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing that Kahr Arms could do at this point that would ever let me trust this gun.

I'm trying to think of an ethical way in which to recoup my 350 dollars I paid for this gun. Does Kahr Arms do buybacks? lol.

I know I'll never recoup the range fees, ammo cost, money for an extra magazine, and holster for this gun.

Sorry guys, this has been my experience with Kahr Arms. I really wanted this gun to work. I love the feel. I love how it carries. I love the look of it. I even love the trigger. But it won't do what a gun should do every time the trigger is pulled. If it can't perform such a basic function I could never trust my life with it.

Thank you for your hospitality on this site.

Sorry to hear this.

I understand your frustration as I had a CW380 that went back to Kahr for repair and was returned with the problem not fixed. I’m a Kahr fan but it’s hard to see how they send back a pistol with the same problem.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Light primer strikes can (not always) be caused by the pistol not returning fully into battery. I mean fraction of an inch not returning into battery, where it's possible you couldn't even see it. Being how Kahrs are notorious for extreme extractor tension, including the last 3 I bought, I would check that first. It isn't that hard to do, and you can do it with a 1/4" bolt and a postal scale. I have and would personally check any Kahr pistol I bought before I even fired it. I was actually told by a very well respected gunsmith that the current Kahr really doesn't know how to fix their own pistols, they are just a bunch of parts changers. They had some people in he past that were very good, unfortunately they are no longer there. That is really a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    Light primer strikes can (not always) be caused by the pistol not returning fully into battery. I mean fraction of an inch not returning into battery, where it's possible you couldn't even see it. Being how Kahrs are notorious for extreme extractor tension, including the last 3 I bought, I would check that first. It isn't that hard to do, and you can do it with a 1/4" bolt and a postal scale. I have and would personally check any Kahr pistol I bought before I even fired it. I was actually told by a very well respected gunsmith that the current Kahr really doesn't know how to fix their own pistols, they are just a bunch of parts changers. They had some people in he past that were very good, unfortunately they are no longer there. That is really a shame.
    Any idea where the "very well respected gunsmith" came up with that tidbit?
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

This "very well respected gunsmith" apparently had repaired numerous pistols that had been returned to the customers by Kahr that still had the same problems they had sent them in for. It is not that hard for me to believe, there are 2 people in this very thread it has happened to and many more on this site. He also told me he had contacted Kahr on numerous occasions, but they weren't really interested in listening to him.

Any idea where the "very well respected gunsmith" came up with that tidbit?

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    This "very well respected gunsmith" apparently had repaired numerous pistols that had been returned to the customers by Kahr that still had the same problems they had sent them in for. It is not that hard for me to believe, there are 2 people in this very thread it has happened to and many more on this site. He also told me he had contacted Kahr on numerous occasions, but they weren't really interested in listening to him.
    OK, so it's his opinion. I'm glad he explained to you how he formed it. I was just wondering if he had some first hand knowledge of Kahr's repair service or an inside source at Kahr.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>