Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Desert Eagle XIX 10" barrels discontinued

Default Desert Eagle XIX 10" barrels discontinued

noticed that they were no longer listed on the Magnum Research parts, barrels web page, sent them an email, they confirmed that the 10" barrels had been discontinued about a year ago.

all calibers: .357, .44M, .50AE.

I had been looking for a plain black-oxide 10" 50AE barrel, during this last Black Friday (2018), they only had 24K gold, nickel plated, and titanium gold in 50AE, so I picked up the titanium gold as an alternative. slim pickins', beggars can't be choosy. now they don't show those anymore.

ETA: sorry, didn't see this already posted in the .429DE thread by Mr. BlackCat's post.

Not everyone may have seen seen that the 10" barrels had been discontinued, and might not enter the thread where it was mentioned, so nothing wrong with its own thread to let people know.

Most any Desert Eagle enthusiast is going to wish they would continue making them, but if Magnum Research doesn't make money, it might be best for the company. You don't want to stagnate... which is why the 429DE chambering is a positive thing in my opinion.

With that said, ten inch barrels have been around for MK XIX and MK VII for many years, so there are a lot of them out there to still be had both new and used. Although nearly impossible for me to imagine, some people do sell their Desert Eagle barrels for some crazy reason. (/sarcasm off, hehehe)

But seriously, I don't see a lot of talk of 10" barrels on forums and internet media really, so I don't expect a huge spike in price. Even though they may rise in price over time, if you REALLY want one, I think they will be available for years to come in the used market, even if a bit more expensive over time... and the Desert Eagle being substantially over-designed, there is not a lot you have to worry about when buying them used.

I suppose if someone started a thread about the fact 10" Barrels had been discontinued, then the price would rise more quickly and Desert Eagle internet panic could break out and drive the price out of reach for the masses. Smart marketing if you have barrels to sell I suppose. (just kidding)

Happy Shootin'

MrBlackCat