Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas to me...

Not 22 mag, that takes a different cylinder. The convertibles come with two cylinders so you can shoot 22 short, long, long rifle or switch the cylinder and shoot magnum.

I've never seen a 22 mag Bear Cat. Don't mean there isn't any but I've never heard of one. Not sure there's enough frame size for the longer cylinder.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I do believe you are correct.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I see, thanks Colonel.

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Point Of Contact
    yep...
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I do believe you are correct.
    ...x2
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    On the Bearcat Shopkeepers, I notice there are two major differences between the stainless & blued versions. Stainless has the unfluted & "engraved" cylinder and a 3" barrel, while the blue comes with the fluted cylinder and a 3.5" tube.

The ejector rod head on mine is "open" shaped like a comma so it can slide all the way down over the cylinder pin to the frame. I guess to have better empty ejection efficiency. Do those with the stainless versions have any problem with ejecting empty shells?

Also, it would be interesting & definitely tempting if Ruger would make these Bearcats in .22 Magnum. My tiny North American is a bit of a Mini- handful to shoot.

Bought this nice pig-lined holster at Texas Jack's in Fredericksburg 3 weeks ago for the Single Seven (It was made by El Paso Saddlery to fit the small frame Uberti/Cimarron Lightning .38), but proved to be slightly too small. However it fits the Bearcat perfectly and does not have to be returned:

That is a really nice rig!

As to the stainless Shopkeepers ejecting shells:
    I've seen some comments posted elsewhere about sticky chambers on some and mine had this. I polished the chambers to remedied that...works just fine now.
    The ejection stroke is not long enough to push empties completely clear, but they have enough impetus to fall free of the cylinder.
    The ejector rod head is as you describe on your's.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I'm a little confused. Ruger's site lists all of their Bearcats as .22LR. I have never played with .22 handguns before. So, will the Bearcat fire either .22LR or .22mag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not 22 mag, that takes a different cylinder. The convertibles come with two cylinders so you can shoot 22 short, long, long rifle or switch the cylinder and shoot magnum.

I've never seen a 22 mag Bear Cat. Don't mean there isn't any but I've never heard of one. Not sure there's enough frame size for the longer cylinder.
    Ruger made a two cylinder (.22LR & .22 magnum) convertible Bearcat for a short time, but recalled them. The guns were returned minus the .22 Magnum cylinder.
    https://ruger.com/pdf/newBearcatConvertible.pdf

.22LR to .22 Magnum New Model Bearcat cylinder conversions are done by these folks:
    https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/CSM1433
    http://www.clementscustomguns.com/bearcat.html

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I'm not gonna lie to anybody. I love that little stag handled beauty. It just sings. I also agree that's a fine looking holster.
    Probably one of the biggest down falls and things I miss the most about this full time sitting, can't wear nice rigs like that.
    Being born a 100 years too late, I really like "cowboy" rigs.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I missed that recall. Looks like it might have been very early on. The logo is still Red on the page, so perhaps before Sturm passed when they changed it to Black?

A 22 mag Bearcat would be a neat thing but I'd be completely pleased with a 22. I am partial to the stainless.
    My aunt has one that is mint, a blued one, early model I think. Been trying to talk her into selling but so far she still loves it and won't part with it. Can't blame her.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thank you Greg, good info. I had no idea of the power of .22 mag. Would be cool to have one of those Bearcats in that caliber. Not sure if they still sell them though. Having one converted, when you factor in the cost as well as shipping both ways would make it close to a $1K gun. Too rich for my blood.

Bad part of wearing one Colonel, then and now, is that it makes a target of you. Probably moreso then. But for me, I prefer not to open carry, even though we can here. Either way though I too have thought about living 150 years ago and sporting a nice looking rig like that and others.