Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas to me...

I have a Ruger convertible and I agree with Bob. Night and day. Stuff hit with the 22 mag knows it's been hit good.

It's kind of fun to slip in the mag cylinder once in awhile to liven things up. I don't have a chrono or none of that scientific stuff but there's no doubt it's pushing considerable harder and faster.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice lookin bearcats. My wife always gets kinda teary eyed when she sees one. She got the one her Dad had when he passed over. We lost it when we lost our house to a fire back in 1978. She loved to shoot the little rascal.

Seems like we ought to see about getting her another one. Maybe we can take up a collection, keep our eyes peeled for just the right one.

Stainless or blue, birdshead?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

[QUOTE=Armybrat;403222]On the Bearcat Shopkeepers, I notice there are two major differences between the stainless & blued versions. Stainless has the unfluted & "engraved" cylinder and a 3" barrel, while the blue comes with the fluted cylinder and a 3.5" tube.

The ejector rod head on mine is "open" shaped like a comma so it can slide all the way down over the cylinder pin to the frame. I guess to have better empty ejection efficiency. Do those with the stainless versions have any problem with ejecting empty shells?

Also, it would be interesting & definitely tempting if Ruger would make these Bearcats in .22 Magnum. My tiny North American is a bit of a Mini- handful to shoot.

Bought this nice pig-lined holster at Texas Jack's in Fredericksburg 3 weeks ago for the Single Seven (It was made by El Paso Saddlery to fit the small frame Uberti/Cimarron Lightning .38), but proved to be slightly too small. However it fits the Bearcat perfectly and does not have to be returned:

/QUOTE]

I've no issue/problem with full ejection. And the shorter barrel a big reason I got the stainless.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    @arnybrat. A fellow told me that 22mag is useless in a pistol length barrel since it produces no more power than a long rifle. Don't know if its true since I never cared enough to check it out.
    That's utter nonsense. In any barrel length, including my 1 5/8 inch NAA Mini, .22 Mag the is the more power effective cartridge.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Seems like we ought to see about getting her another one. Maybe we can take up a collection, keep our eyes peeled for just the right one.

Stainless or blue, birdshead?
    I'm in. You gonna act as the agent/POC on this one?
    NRA Benefactor

If it's meant to be, I'm your man and I'm in. In case anybody ask, what's a POC?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Point Of Contact
    NRA Benefactor

I’ve been looking for a steal of a deal on one of the stainless versions. Problem is, I geuss nobody wants to let one go at a price I’d be willing to pay around here. Everybody who gets one must want to keep them. I’m looking for handled/carried one, so I can get it cheap, then polish it into a jewel!!!

I'm a little confused. Ruger's site lists all of their Bearcats as .22LR. I have never played with .22 handguns before. So, will the Bearcat fire either .22LR or .22mag?