Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: MK9 slide sit's a little forward. Noticeable in trigger pull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MK9 slide sit's a little forward. Noticeable in trigger pull

I just picked up a very slightly used MK9, maybe 50 rounds or less through it. I took it out to the range today and shot 50 through it. It functioned flawlessly as expected. It's really a great shooter.

When I looked at the gun at the LGS, I noticed the slide sat a hair forward on the frame. The frame and slide didn't meet up perfectly at the rear. It really didn't bother me as I know how good Kahr's customer service is if I deemed it to be a manufacturing issue. The trigger pull isn't quite like my other 2 Kahr's and it's because of the slide sitting forward. With the position that the slide sits in, there is a noticeable 'wall' before the break. My other Kahr triggers are butter smooth with zero increase in pull prior to the break. That's why I love the Kahr trigger. this one has the sweet butter smooth pull back to a small wall and then it breaks. If you hold the slide perfectly flush with the frame at the rear and pull the trigger isn't butter smooth all the way to the break.

Here is a post on a thread with photos outlining exactly how my slide/frame matchup looks, this is just on a polymer version: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...204#post311204

I wonder if it is worth sending the gun to Kahr just as soon as I bought it now with this issue. It wouldn't bother me if the trigger pull wasn't affected.

I would get it fixed. The MK9 is a fine pistol.

I'm nearly certain the 'wall' I'm feeling in the trigger pull is the striker bottoming out against it's rear stop just prior to the cam and striker releasing. This is because the slide is sitting further forward than designed and the rearmost stop for the striker is closer to the cocking cam than it should be which throws the geometry off. If I pull the slide slightly back to where it's flush on the rear, this 'wall' is gone due to the cocking cam having a hair more room to release prior to the striker bottoming out in travel.

Jeez, I can't believe how dead this board is. Not a single comment since mine over 3 weeks ago. The gun is already back from Kahr. They replaced the barrel and reclocked the cocking cam. I didn't know the cam even had an adjustment. No sure what they meant by that. Either way, the slide is flush with the frame at the rear and the trigger is butter smooth. Happy camper.

We do in fact have slow periods no matter how we try to keep things going, gets especially bad in the summer when everyone is outside riding their Harley and such.

One thing I do like about his forum is unlike some when people don't have a solution they just don't muddy the water with guess's or print just to see print.
    In this case CPTKiller had what I thought was the best answer or solution and apparently others agreed so left it be.

One things for certain if your a happy camper we're all happy campers. I'm glad it worked out for you and works as it should.

We do occasionally get a new member that knows everything there is to know about everything which in most cases can be far worse than a dead forum to me. I don't claim to know much about anything but I enjoy it here.
    We do have a few, I won't name names but it starts with a G and ends with a G that know an awful lot.

When you need help it's here, lots of it, we got several pretty sharp folks that really do know stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Glad to hear you had a positive outcome. Let us know how it shoots!