Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Bought the holster first

Default Bought the holster first

Been kicking around getting a K9 for a couple of years now. It's funny I'm so enamored with the K9 because I'm generally no fan of striker fired guns. But that trigger intrigues me! I usually carry one of my Hi Powers (or occasionally a Detonics) and DAO trigger aside the K9 feels a lot like a BHP to me. And my aging eyes love the bar dot sights. I use the Ritchie Leather Nighthawk for my IWB needs and was factoring in the cost of that if I decided to get a K9. I was checking the Ritchie leather website and they are having a $20.00 off Christmas sale until January 5th. So ordering the holster kind of committed me to a K9 but I knew I would kick myself for getting it later and losing twenty bucks that could go towards the K9 purchase. Well since the holster was coming it started to bother me that I have nothing to stuff in it so I started to scour the internet. K9 prices are all over the place but I found a place that had 2 (now 1!) K9 elites for $719.00 with free shipping. Be interesting to see how quickly I get use to the DAO trigger, should be a lot of fun even if it takes a while!

Congrats on both purchases and welcome to the forums!
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    Been kicking around getting a K9 for a couple of years now. It's funny I'm so enamored with the K9 because I'm generally no fan of striker fired guns. But that trigger intrigues me! I usually carry one of my Hi Powers (or occasionally a Detonics) and DAO trigger aside the K9 feels a lot like a BHP to me. And my aging eyes love the bar dot sights. I use the Ritchie Leather Nighthawk for my IWB needs and was factoring in the cost of that if I decided to get a K9. I was checking the Ritchie leather website and they are having a $20.00 off Christmas sale until January 5th. So ordering the holster kind of committed me to a K9 but I knew I would kick myself for getting it later and losing twenty bucks that could go towards the K9 purchase. Well since the holster was coming it started to bother me that I have nothing to stuff in it so I started to scour the internet. K9 prices are all over the place but I found a place that had 2 (now 1!) K9 elites for $719.00 with free shipping. Be interesting to see how quickly I get use to the DAO trigger, should be a lot of fun even if it takes a while!
    Congratulations on both purchases. As far as the trigger is concerned, it is pretty unique. Best advice I can give you is hold still and pull the trigger straight back. Don't look for the wall, because there really isn't one. Just keep pulling until the pistol goes off and surprises you.

K9 is an excellent pistol. It's well-made, reliable, and more accurate than it has a right to be at its size.

"Bought the holster first..."
    Good plan!

Never did that -- but I have bought the AMMO first...
    Then you MUST buy a gun to fit!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

I deeply regret selling my K9 Elite. It shares a spot at the top of my list with the other two single-stack 9mm pistols I sold: my Sig P225 and my Beretta M-Type. I always felt sufficiently armed with a single-stack 9mm and 2 spare magazines. The Beretta M-Type is almost impossible to find anymore without spending a fortune, and then the mags are ridiculously expensive. Sig started making the P225 again. But of the three, it was the K9 that I carried the most.

Please post pics. I have yet to buy a holster for my K9 as I initially intended it as a range toy, but have been considering some carry time with it. Thanks and congrats as well!

Thanks for the comments and welcome! I've lurked on this forum for a while and find it friendly and helpful, a refreshing change from others I've been on. The K9 showed up at the FFL and I was able to pick it up and I'm impressed. It is beautifully machined and seems well put together. I've only handled one a few times in my life (and it's been a while) and was struck by how small it is. Yes it's bigger than a PM/MK but it seemed svelte compared to the XDS and Shield they had there. I know that polymer for lightness is what's in vogue but I like the solid heft and it's still 7+ ounces less than my Hi Power or Detonics. The only down side is I went and spent more money. Seeing how compact the K9 was I got to thinking that I if I got a hi rise holster I could go OWB under a T-shirt. Well I was just going to do a little research but wound up ordering a High Noon Slide Guard holster. They are having a 25% off sale until 1/6/19 and as pricey as they are could not let the opportunity pass. I have a feeling Khars are going to be like my Hi Powers, you can't just have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    ... The K9 showed up at the FFL and I was able to pick it up and I'm impressed. It is beautifully machined and seems well put together. I've only handled one a few times in my life (and it's been a while) and was struck by how small it is. ...
    Field strip it, clean and lube it, and go shoot it. Guaranteed, you will be pleased! I purchased my K9 new this past fall, and I am extremely satisfied. More than satisfied, in fact! Mine eats 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot LE +P and 124 gr. Federal HST LE +P without issue, FWIW. I carry (for now) in a Don Hume 721 Open Top.

rx7sig