Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show approaches-----any leaks regarding new Kahrs?

Default SHOT Show approaches-----any leaks regarding new Kahrs?

Glock is evidently going to debut two new subcompact 9mms, with 10 round capacity. It appears they make their pistol about the size of a P9, where the SIG P365 is about the size of a PM9.

10 round capacity concealed carry pistols on subcompact frames are the new standard. I predict there will be offerings from manufacturers other than Glock. If I was looking for my first concealed carry pistol, the P365 leaps to the top of the list because of capacity to size ratio and a good trigger. The trigger on a P365 is very nice. VERY nice.

I know Kahr is a relatively small company, but a 10 round pistol that maintained as much Kahr thinness as possible is a no-brainer, and would sell tons. BUT there's also the possibility introducing a P365 competitor as a Kahr would cannibalize sales from their other pistols. Again, why would I buy a 6+1 PM9 when I could buy the theoretical 10+1 PM365(not the likely name, of course)?

It would be nice if the Gen 2 triggers would see introduction. It would be nice if Kahr offered the carbon fiber frame on all their polymer pistols.

It would be nice if Kahr introduced a T45. It would be nice if Kahr introduced an MK380.

It would be nice if Kahr produced a .22 on the CW9 platform. Would make a nice trainer.

They're doing some pretty cool things on the Magnum Research/Auto Ordnance sides of the business. Hope the actual Kahr product line doesn't become an afterthought.

Ruger is driving the costs of quality defensive handguns very low. I have seen LC9S for sale in the low $200s. I've seen CM9s for the low $300s. I'm actually kind of surprised Kahr still makes the P series. I have a P9 and a CM9 and they are functionally identical---except I like the bar/dot sights on the CM9 better than the Trijicons on my P9. I couldn't advise anyone to buy a Premium Series Kahr over a Value Line. Why spend more for two extra mags and some extra machining? Unless, of course, those are important to you.

I predict Kahr will eventually streamline their current production to Value Series pistols, K/MK/T series pistols(can't discontinue the flagship models), and the Premium Series will be the P365 competitors.

But I am likely incorrect.

I’ve long advocated for a Kahr staggered-magazine design. The .45ACP Kahrs have a nice width that would probably accommodate a staggered 9mm.

Even if kahr couldn’t match the size of the P365 in a CM9 size package, if they could at least make a 10 rounder the size of the CW9 for around $400 it would eat the lunch of the S&W shield, Walther PPS, XDS, G43, and others probably including the P365.

i like the Kahr trigger as much or better than all those mentioned above.

It’s funny to me that my P365 almost exactly matches the dimensions of my cm9, and they can use the same leather holsters. It makes one think the cm9 was their target size as the pm9/cm9 was about the smallest shootable 9mm out there prior to the P365.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Even if kahr couldn’t match the size of the P365 in a CM9 size package, if they could at least make a 10 rounder the size of the CW9 for around $400 it would eat the lunch of the S&W shield, Walther PPS, XDS, G43, and others probably including the P365.

i like the Kahr trigger as much or better than all those mentioned above.

It’s funny to me that my P365 almost exactly matches the dimensions of my cm9, and they can use the same leather holsters. It makes one think the cm9 was their target size as the pm9/cm9 was about the smallest shootable 9mm out there prior to the P365.

You're dead on with the P365/CM9 size comparison. SIG isn't a stupid company. I'm quite certain they looked at what the smallest 9mm fighting pistol on the market was, and made that their goal. The P365 feels a lot like a CM9 in hand. If Kahr could do 10 rounds in a CM9 package and come in cheaper than the P365, they'd be as successful as a Kahr handgun can be.

Why did I phrase it that way? Because in the age of shooters who are obsessed with short triggers and even shorter resets, the Kahr trigger is an anomaly. Those of us who've spent the time learning them understand how outstanding they are, but Glock and Springfield shooter find it totally foreign. SIG has the second best trigger on the market with their P320/P365 models, no doubt. If Kahr's trigger was more like that, I think they would sell a LOT more handguns. But I like it the way it is, and I hope they always offer the traditional Kahr trigger as at least an option, if they bring the Gen2 trigger to market.

But even a CW9 sized pistol with a 10+1 capacity would be small. That would put it at about the size of the upcoming Glock pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    It would be nice if Kahr introduced a T45. .....
    Kahr should show their .45 ACP guns more love. IMO, they are still near or at the top of that market.
    Give us the steel ...at least make steel base plates for current magazines.

Beyond that:
    Redesign the follower/springs to hold an extra round. Compact/Officer's 1911 magazines already do this in magazines the size of the current Kahr 6rd. 45 magazines. Offer this as a kit so I can stick them in my 1911 magazines.
    Offer 1911 Officer's/compact style magazines with the above already installed.

Regards,
    Greg

Love my CW45

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

… where the SIG P365 is about the size of a PM9
    Just to be fair, I think the Sig matches up more closely to the P9 in size.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I'm tickled with what they offer now. I would like to see a K45 and a T45. And improve on what they have now, like the magazines Greg so wisely mentioned.

As small as the PM/CM9 is look at all the folks that pick a 380 to be even smaller???

For most of us there's really no need for more than 6 or 7 in a 9mm and a couple 45's is plenty cause shooting twice is just silly with a 45.
    If I want high capacity I'll pack a bunch of mags and continue to practice mag swaps.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't have a CM/PM 9 for a direct comparison, but the P365 is just larger than my MK9 and smaller than my CW9 (with the more noticeable difference being between the CW9 and P365).

If given a choice of the three, I believe 007 would always go with the MK9

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Direct comparison of CM9 to P365. They’re pretty close...

but it when you pocket carry you can tell the grip is just a tad longer but not by much.

E2-CCEDAC-3499-48-A3-81-A1-6-B013518-B571.jpg
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Dang it, now I suppose I gotta get a 365 to stay up with the cool kids. Too much pressure around here, I'm starting to fold.
    I'm hoping to get the very first T45 and or K45 off the line, that will make up for me being so far behind.
    Color all you guys envious indeed.........
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."