CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: P380 first time range report

Default P380 first time range report

I got to fire my new P380 today, 50 rounds of Blazer resulted in no problems at all. 50 rounds of of the cheap stuff (Aguila $11.99 for 50 rounds) resulted in 2 failure to feed in the first clip. I went through the rest of the box without a hiccup except for the next to last round which also failed to feed. The cheap stuff was also somewhat more dirty, I was really hoping to get through the cheap stuff, I intend to repeat with the same ammo to see if it improves. I'll do it in the same order and see what happens ,this will complete the break in. I have ordered 380 ACP 90gr HP/XTP as a defensive round and I will test fire at least half the box.

dusty

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you're on your way with the 380. I believe the Aguila should run okay in the p380. If you continue to have sporadic troubles, post a picture of the failure and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions from the kind folk here. The XTP shouldn't be a problem for you either.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    Thanks for the report! Sounds like you're on your way with the 380. I believe the Aguila should run okay in the p380. If you continue to have sporadic troubles, post a picture of the failure and I'm sure you'll get some suggestions from the kind folk here. The XTP shouldn't be a problem for you either.

your right about the Aguila, I read back through the forums and did not find any complaints about that brand. I may have a problem with the gun but I do need to run another 100 rounds through to complete break in. I do hope the mags get easier to load a least a bit, I about wore my thumbs down.

The mags will get a bit easier to load, but spend a few bucks and get a mag loader.

Default Maglula

Quote Originally Posted by modeladay View Post
    your right about the Aguila, I read back through the forums and did not find any complaints about that brand. I may have a problem with the gun but I do need to run another 100 rounds through to complete break in. I do hope the mags get easier to load a least a bit, I about wore my thumbs down.
    I broke down and bought a maglula for loading the magazines for my cw9. Best money I've spent in a long time.

I had a CW380 a few years back that was plagued with return to battery issues. The problem was noticeably worse with Aguila ammo. I haven’t ran any Aguila through my CT380.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.