Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Retirement

Don't do one bit of good to feel sorry for oneself. I went down the same week Christopher Reeves (Superman) fell off his horse. Compared to him I was basically uninjured, course he was richer than Davy Crockett and all but that don't help much.

Remember like it was yesterday they set me up with a shrink appointment while in the hospital. Had a dozen gun mags laid out on the bed before he arrived. Soon as he walked in I asked him if he knew much about guns. He said not too much. I said well if you was gonna kill yourself would you use a revolver or one of them automatics.
    His response was you don't need me do ya? We ended up chatting for an hour anyhow but guess he figured I weren't no worse off mentally.

Actually had a lot of fun in the hospital for that month, lots of pranks, been meaning to write a book about it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Pull that one in California they would take your guns, magazines and sense of humor...
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Probably do that here now too, that was 25 years ago give or take.

Had a lot of CA immigrants hit our area since then. Personally I think the wall should be on the outside of the CA border. Just a little more fence.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I agree Bawanna. Years ago you invited my family and I to move up nearby. I wanted to, I really did but wife's medical took precedence. Turned out for the best as she has to stay closer to docs now, and Washington is morphing into CA North. My second choice was Texas around McKinney - have ancestors buried there. Now it's down to wherever my son and family move to so do we.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I agree Bawanna. Years ago you invited my family and I to move up nearby. I wanted to, I really did but wife's medical took precedence. Turned out for the best as she has to stay closer to docs now, and Washington is morphing into CA North. My second choice was Texas around McKinney - have ancestors buried there. Now it's down to wherever my son and family move to so do we.
    My two daughters and three grandchildren are in Oregon.
    I've thought of relocating there.
    But the price of housing is just crazy.
    And the weather isn't to my liking...
    Was thinking about Nevada or Texas (My daughter won't let me move back to Florida - LOL).
    Really wanted a no state income place.
    But honestly AZ is starting to grow on me.
    Plus there's the logistics.
    I'll likely need to get a mortgage and buy a house while I'm still working.
    That would be easy in the Phoenix area (Sun City) and just commute to work.
    Obviously nothing is set.
    But the cost of housing seems to be a determining factor.

We don't have a state tax YET, but it's only a matter of time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Living in MN which is a very awkward state politically, I have seen many of my friends take up residence in Florida only to find the tax avoidance issue to be far more complicated than they originally thought plus in most cases their children are living where they were raised in MN. Inevitably most of them sell their Fl homes and return to MN for their final years. It has nothing to do with taxes of politics, at that point, it becomes who is around when you need help.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Living in MN which is a very awkward state politically, I have seen many of my friends take up residence in Florida only to find the tax avoidance issue to be far more complicated than they originally thought plus in most cases their children are living where they were raised in MN. Inevitably most of them sell their Fl homes and return to MN for their final years. It has nothing to do with taxes of politics, at that point, it becomes who is around when you need help.
    Good point. Ive lived in 5 states and it seems to me that you get it stuck to you one way or the other. What kills me the most is how we are taxed when we make money, when we spend money, taxed when we save money, and taxed for everything we own. That’s around 4 times on the same money.

I need to figure out how to live on the barter system.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm always up for swapping.

It comes down to staying near the family especially grand kids. My grand kids other grand parents are in North Carolina. That wouldn't work for me.
    They do send video's and stuff a lot and take them back every year or two but wouldn't work for me and not a chance that would work for my wife.
    She's very attached to them.

Also can't live where I'd like to live as she must go to town nearly every day. She don't stock up, she apparently liked going to town. I make stuff work so I don't have to go to town to get the right thing. If I didn't work, I'd probably never go to town.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sorry guys, Oregun is no longer a good place to live! We now have a full blown commie state government that is determined to destroy all of our god given rights starting with the Bill of Rights #'s 1- 4, with the rest to follow!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe