Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Springfield Armory XDE

Default Springfield Armory XDE

New purchase last week is impressing me each time I shoot it. My son has several Springfield handguns of the XD series, but all are striker fired. I liked them but not enough to buy one since I own a DAO Kahr CM9. But the XDE is a DA/SA with a de cocker feature ...and it is a slightly larger version of the XDS and I am very satisfied with it. Came with 3 8rd and 1 9rd single stack mags. Has a metal front FO sight with 2 dot white metal rear, but will replace front and back sights with Dawson sights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJTl9QOhIs

No grip safety is definitely a plus. Kept a lot of people from buying Springfield, along with their politics.

The XDe is interesting. I have thought about one several times but just haven’t done it yet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I seen one of those at the last gunshow, I didn't peruse it enough, I didn't realize it was a decocker. Pondering now I'm sure that's what it was. I liked the hammer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just to update the XDE. Has not failed once with any ammo I have used.....FMJ or HP of various manufactures Seems to really like the S&B 124 gr as far as accuracy goes. DA is no where near the Kahr smoothness, but SA or partial cocked position allows much better trigger reach and lighter pull. Still working with the sight adaption...did put a different FO rod on the front with a green rod from a different gun I have Also painted the rear white dots with florescent yellow paint....better target acquisition now. Still carrying my CM9 though...hard to replace it as it is still my favorite.