Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: New PM45 owner have some questions.

Default New PM45 owner have some questions.

So I picked up a new pm45 with the stainless slide. I got it from bud's for $394 shipped. I'm not new to kahr pistols. I've previously owned a CM40,CW45,P9 and MK40 all great Guns.

So tomorrow after work is range time. I've got 200 round of FMJ ammo and some JHP's as well. She's tight but smooth. I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes.

My questions are when was my gun made? The serial number prefix is "SV7xxx". The buds webstie listed it as factory new. Anyone know when a PM45 with this prefix was made?

Next thing is can anyone here recommend a good ankle holster with good quality and fast turn around time? I only plan on using ankle carry when I'll be sitting for long periods of time sheet or as a bug. Thanks for any help guys and glad to be a kahr owner once again.

The easy way is to e-mail Kahr. They will tell you when it was manufactured and you will have no doubts since it will be from the horses mouth.

Kahr sells a good ankle holster. I think it's Galco but I'll have to look again at mine. One is call an ankle glove, it's kind of neoprene, I'm not fond of that one. The one I like is a regular leather holster with a thumb break, also Galco I think. Has a nice elastic band with sheepskin.
    Works really well with my PM45. As a bonus it works perfect for a compact 1911 as well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

So I took my pm45 to the range tonight and all went well. Shoot great and functioned 100%. I get home to and saw a small pin protruding from the bottom of the slide stop lever. I tried to pull it out all the way to see if it would fall out. It stopped before coming out all the way like something is holding it in place. I pushed it back in. I don't want to loose it when I take out the slide stop for field stripping. Is this a problem? The forum here won't let me upload attachments. It is the small pin in the bottom of the slide stop. Is there anything I can do to keep it from coming out again? Thanks.