Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: CW45 1st Shots 1st Impressions w 6,7,8 round magazines!

Default CW45 1st Shots 1st Impressions w 6,7,8 round magazines!

Broke it in with about 80 rds 230 and 26 rds of 230 plus p today

have vids of it all on my channel.

Just modded the other 8 rd mag, not too much trouble, maybe not even needed.

Took long time to mod the 10 rd macgar mag, thought I took a good enough amount off, wouldn't hand cycle with ammo, so needed to do more and more. Will test these mags next week, hoping 10rder works...a lightweight choice of 9 or 11 rds of .45 is pretty nice.

I do double tap point shooting later, topped off mags, etc.

Hey there,
    Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the time and effort involved with this video and the one you posted in another thread. I found both well worth watching.
    It looks like you are off to an excellent start with your CW45

A CW45 was the first Kahr pistol I purchased. It remains my favorite of the brand and a favorite among all the .45 pistols I own.
    I use modified Officer's/compact magazine tubes in mine; almost exclusively for the last 8 years. I modify the tops of the tubes forward of the feed lips so that they don't hit the bottom of the slide or interfere with the extractor. I run Kahr internals in my mags.
    I see where many have reported excellent results with ACT-MAG magazines and their internals.

Again, welcome to the forums

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Hi there thanks greg...i read ur posts be4 buying
    Hoping i don't have to swap internals....with act and mayne mecgar hoping not needed.

Does the CW45 tend to need the 200rd break-in like other Kahrs, or is it usually gtg out of the box or what?

I'm seeing them for $323, and I have a lot of 45 ammo that rarely gets shot through my 1911, so when I felt like being loaded for bear on a trip to the 7-11, it might be nice to have a tiny 45...I've read the recoil is surprisingly tame for the small gun.

I really like the idea of 7+1 flush fit mags.

I don’t get it, you don’t want to shoot 200 rounds through a new pistol to make sure it’s reliable because you’re saving the 45 ammo but when running to 7-11 you want ample and reliable firepower if attacked by a bear?

I'm new to the forum but have had a cw45 for about 5 years. it did take about 200 rounds to break it in. I had a problem with failures to feed. I could use sig ammo or blazer brass and it fed ok, very few failures to feed. i took it apart and did a thorough cleaning. I oiled it especially where it glides into the chamber. I also did what a friend recommended and put just a drop at the top of the magazines. Now it feeds every time. 100 rounds without a failure and that even included bulk no name ammo. love the gun. very very accurate with very little kick.