CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber EVO SP (CS) is Pricy Competition to the Kahr MK9

Default Kimber EVO SP (CS) is Pricy Competition to the Kahr MK9

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/k...2lLqrSO9B53kJA

"Kimber Manufacturing is known for making firearms that are both high quality and good looking, and the new EVO SP fits both of those categories. There’s also a CS version which comes out of the Custom Shop. This 9mm pistol boasts a 7-round extended magazine which is interchangeable with the Micro 9, and there’s an 8-round mag coming soon. The magazine (not pictured) extends the grip and provides a positive grip for those with larger hands.

The EVO SP (CS) features a charcoal gray finish with G10 grips and straps.

The grips are G10 with cool dimples all over. It gives one a firm purchase without being too sharp on the hand. Both the side grips, front and back straps can be swapped for different sizes to fit your hand better.

The grips and strap sizes can be changed to fit the volume of your hand.

The mag release can be swapped from the left side to right using common tools for left-handed shooters.
    You change the grips and straps to fit your hands better. You can also swap the magazine release to the right side, and you don’t need a gunsmith to do it. This is the first truly ambidextrous gun from Kimber in this size.

The Custom Shop version features a TruGlo Tritium front sight.
    The (CS) sights will make you feel like a better shooter. Not only is the bright TruGlo Tritium front sight easy to see, but the U-shaped notch and blacked out rear sights will help you line up on your target more intuitively–round front sight goes in rounded rear sight–pretty simple. The rear sight has rounded corners to keep it from snagging, too.

The EVO is striker-fired and features a U-shaped notch and blacked out rear sight.

The striker protrudes when it’s ready to fire, and you can feel it with a quick pass of a finger or thumb. Plus, the color contrasts with the slide so when the gun is raised you know immediately if you’re ready to fire.

The KimPro Charcoal gray finish looks good on the steel slide.
    The aluminum frame features the proprietary KimPro II finish while the slide has a highly durable ferritic nitrocarburizing (FNC) finish. It looks good, it lasts well, and it all comes together to give you a good grip on a slide that works smoothly without difficulty.

The stippling on the sides of the slide and the scallops on the top not only look good, but also reduce the weight of the steel components and give a good grip for working the slide.

The stylish scallops on the top of the (CS) version and the stippling on the sides also reduce the weight. It comes in at just around 18 ounces. Although it’s lightweight, the aluminum frame gives it the rigidity you’d expect from a larger gun. Unlike many micro polymer-framed guns, the EVO is enjoyable to shoot which makes practice fun.

It’s available now with an MSRP of $1,047. It shoots great, it feels great, and after my short test at the range, it seems like a terrific carry gun. "

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/1/22/shot-show-2019-kimber-evo-9mm/

It is different but pricy in a competitive market. Time will tell how it sells and what users think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well. their first shot at Kahr's niche didn't work out that well.
    Is this the Echo EVOlved?
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Solo Gen2?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Solo Gen2?
    Darn, that's what I meant, Solo EVOlved. Don't know where that Echo came from...came from.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I played with it. It is nice, but the Kimber revolver that shoots single action was better. IMHO the Kahr comes out better in a comparison if price is considered. Kahr doesn't give much up at all really. Justin Moon was hanging out in the booth on Tuesday. I should have had Bawanna there.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Yup, you should have for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The Kimber K6s has a DA trigger so nice, you really don't need SA.

The Solo was a stinker.
    Hopefully Kimber figured out the micro 9mm with this one...

My MK40 Elite is not concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    The Solo was a stinker.
    Hopefully Kimber figured out the micro 9mm with this one...

My MK40 Elite is not concerned
    My Solo was perhaps the nicest EDC I have ever owned...until it wasn't. Great size, great shooter, otherworldly trigger. But it suddenly started having hiccups, and the second time back to Kimber, they called to tell me to just pick another gun out of their catalog, because the Solo was toast.

Unfortunately for me, when I got my Solo I sold my PM9. Luckily for me, I held on to my MK9!

p.s. I picked the K6s as a replacement gun from Kimber, but sold it to the LGS to which Kimber shipped it. I didn't really have a specific need for another revolver, and getting all my money back for the Solo was great. HOWEVER, I got to play around with the K6s, and the revolver is as nice as advertised. Great feel, great fit and finish, and the nicest non-custom revolver trigger I have ever felt. I WILL own one some day.....

For 2019 Kimber has introduced a new line of striker fired 9mm sub compact handguns called the KimberEvo. Four models are offered including one that is a custom shop exclusive.

EVO SP (Two-Tone), MSRP $856
    EVO SP (CDP) (Custom Defense Package), MSRP $949
    EVO SP (TLE) (Tac/LE), MSRP $925
    EVO SP (CS) (Custom Shop), MSRP $1,047

Each of the EVOs varies slightly in grip configuration, back straps, frame checkering, and frame color. All however, the have the following features:
    –Overall height of 4.03 inches
    –Overall length of 6.1 inches
    –Width of 1.06 inches
    –Barrel length of 3.16 inches
    –Weight with empty magazine of 19 ounces (aluminum frame)
    –TRUGLO Tritium Night Sights
    –Factory trigger set at approximately 6.5 pounds
    –Flush recessed crown barrel
    –Striker ready indicator on back of face plate
    –Loaded chamber indicator cut out on top of slide
    –Magazines release can be changed to right or left hand operation
    –RVO comes with two 7 round factory magazines, 8 round soon to be available
    At SHOT Range Day I was able to shoot the complete lineup of the new EVO SP series except for the Two-Tone which was not available. All were easy to shoot and ran with no malfunctions. This new Kimberlineup looks to be a serious contender for those wanting a striker fired sub compact pistol in 9mm, all crafted in the style that Kimber fans have come to expect.