Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights

Thread: LaserMax Centerfire Red Laser for Kahr-P9

Default LaserMax Centerfire Red Laser for Kahr-P9

Anyone have one of these lasers for the Kahr pistols? Pros/cons please s-l1600.jpg

I have one, occasionally your finger doesn’t line up right to activate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started to question that and then realized I have the Crimson Trace version which has a pad on the front strap.
    I'm not nuts about the looks of it but it works well. Great for helping new shooters, you can see what they are doing, course others can see what your doing too.
    I usually covered it up with a piece of electrical tape when I wanted to use the iron sights.

I think the button out front would be a plus as it would stay off until you wanted it.

Does require a different holster but that's certainly not a deal breaker.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

i have one of these on a PM9. I had bought the Crimson Trace version which has the pad on the front strap, as Bawana noted. I found with the short PM9 grip, I did not like losing some grip space to the material beneath the trigger guard. I moved the CT unit to my P9, which I found more comfortable, and it has remained there ever since. Sometime later I bought the LaserMax version for the PM9 after I figured out that this would not diminish the front strap space and it too has remained ever since. All of this was several years ago, so keep that in mind, as changes may have occurred in the current products.

I think the CT unit's build quality is better and, due to a better grip on the gun, is less likely to move out of alignment. The Lasermax unit is ok, but I think it is less robust and has less grip on the gun due to smaller contact area and is less likely to stay aligned. It is possible to strip the tiny installation screws and there is a warning about this. My LaserMax seems less bright than the CT, but was considerably cheaper when I bought it. Knowing what I know now, I doubt that I would buy it again. On a PM9, I would go with the CT and the LakeLine +1 extention or Kahr 7 round mag for a better grip. For a P9, I would definitely go with the CT version.

I just went to Amazon to compare reviews and prices...wow, CT cost a lot more, but like in here they are the preferred lasers for the Kahrs it seems.

I have the Lasermax on my CT9, and have been really happy with it. Immediately after installing the Lasermax, my CT9 suddenly fit into the same exact holster I had been using for my Glock 33 (same size as a 26 or 27).

-Wlf