CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr customer service is a bust.

Default Kahr customer service is a bust.

Hello all, first post here. I purchased a new K40 three weeks ago. Haven't fired it yet though. This is because I followed the directions to the letter, that came with the gun. I couldnt get the slide stop pin out so I used a punch and snapped the pin like a carrot. Fml. So, I got online ordered the right replacement, but it was the wrong part. I called Kahr, have sent multiple emails and conversations to get the correct pin. They sent me 2 wrong slide stops and now I have a .45 caliber barrel coming in the mail. Not sure why, they have stopped communication with me. Wtf is wrong with this company???

By now you know Kahr firearms are built to very tight tolerances. When new, they can be difficult to disassemble as reassemble. Once fully broken in, they come apart like butter. As far as customer service, I can't speak on that, as I have never had to contact them about any of my Kahrs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Everything is shut down today at Kahr. Guess the snow and cold is pretty bad back there.

We'll help get this sorted out. Not sure where all the miscommunication is coming from.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Uh oh...don’t start a rumor about a .45 cal barrel for a K 40. The forum will go bonkers!! 😳😳 On the other hand, I’m certain you’ll get things straightened out.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I have had one problem with my CM9....trigger would not reset. Called Kahr, spoke to a CSR and got a label, sent the gun to Kahr, got it repaired, they sent it back and there was no problem at all. Well actually there is more...they were more than understanding and patient with my numerous e mails to ask question after questions of what was wrong, any other problems I should look for, when will I get it back...etc. Trust me...MY report and dealing with Kahr is the norm...unfortunately for you, yours is a one in a million disaster. Hang in there man, you will be glad you did once you get the K40 back and broken in.

I'm no expert, and my Kahr is a CM9 rather than a K40, but I'm going to try to help since as far as I know they are all constructed similarly. First, are you aware that you're not taking out a "pin," but the entire slide lock? I'm not sure how you would align the marks on the slide and frame, and then use a punch with two hands to drive out the part. I also don't understand how you could exert enough force on the part to break it since it is almost entirely within the frame with little exposed area to flex.

Do you currently have the original slide lock completely out of the gun? What is it about the replacement parts that you think is incorrect?

The fact that you have had the gun three weeks and Kahr has already sent you three shipments in an attempt to correct your problem sounds like they are responding quickly to your requests. As stated above, there is some serious miscommunication going on. How much experience do you have with pistols?

I'm not challenging you, just trying to get to the root problem here. Let us know more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Eflow_75 View Post
    Hello all, first post here. I purchased a new K40 three weeks ago. Haven't fired it yet though. This is because I followed the directions to the letter, that came with the gun. I couldnt get the slide stop pin out so I used a punch and snapped the pin like a carrot. Fml. So, I got online ordered the right replacement, but it was the wrong part. I called Kahr, have sent multiple emails and conversations to get the correct pin. They sent me 2 wrong slide stops and now I have a .45 caliber barrel coming in the mail. Not sure why, they have stopped communication with me. Wtf is wrong with this company???
    Watch how it's done.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mqG-uCqyXM
    NRA Benefactor

Stay on their case!!!!!

I have had only limited contact with kahr support, but that experience was much better than you describe. Not doubting you....just adding a data point. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the broken part and perhaps the parts they sent? That might help sort things out here.

I am at a loss to figure out how tapping or pushing on the slide stop to remove it could cause it to snap, unless it was simply a defective part. Even then, if it snapped apart like a caarrot that would suggest some sort of lateral pressure, whcih should not be part of removal or reinstallation. I also cannot understand why Kahr could not figure out the part you need. I wonder if perhaps there is a communication error here? I assume by slide stop pin you mean the slide stop itself, right? Or were you removing something else like the retaining pin for the slide stop spring?

Worst case, you might need to send the gun back to kahr and they will fix it, but I am hoping people here can help you get this sorted.

I'm wondering if he used a small punch and tried to pry the slide lock out from the under the thumb release.