Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kahr customer service is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by JD950 View Post
    I get frustrated when someone posts a problem and I take the time to try to help and it turns out they just wanted to make a statement. They should at least say "I am just coming here to complain and won't be reading your responses" or something like that. Oh well, I hope he figures out how he broke his gun and gets it fixed.
    If he doesn't get it fixed, I hope he offers to sell it cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    If he doesn't get it fixed, I hope he offers to sell it cheap!
    DIBS...LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, I finally got this resolved. LOVE. LOVE the gun. Evidently there was a design change and the pin that was being sold on the website was different than the pin that I broke. Took awhile, but Kahr customer service actually did okay in the end. I just needed to rant, I suppose. I tried to purchase a t40 as they are going, going... My rapist retailer wanted too much $$ for it though. So, I just bought a used one, should be here Friday. I have not read completely through the thread, but intend to now. Thanks for your responses...

I can remove the slide lock pin very easily with my fingers, I just had not lined up the slide correctly. I swear the directions are incorrect that came with the gun. I read all the forums and got the impression on a new K40 the pin is "tricky" sometimes. So I whacked it and snapola, RATS. Honestly, I ran 500 rounds through the gun so far without one problem, flawless performance. I am now hooked.

According to the instructions, I was to line up the second larger cutout with the pin. So, I stuck a dowel in the chamber, lined up the cutout exactly with the pin, flipped the gun over and whacked it with a punch. Snapped like a carrot. The outside of the slide lock was still caught on the slide, so I broke the pin where it attaches to the finger part of the slide stop. Not sure on terminology. I tried everything else before resorting to the Flintstone method. Lesson learned. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Eflow_75 View Post
    Well, I finally got this resolved. LOVE. LOVE the gun. Evidently there was a design change and the pin that was being sold on the website was different than the pin that I broke. Took awhile, but Kahr customer service actually did okay in the end. I just needed to rant, I suppose. I tried to purchase a t40 as they are going, going... My rapist retailer wanted too much $$ for it though. So, I just bought a used one, should be here Friday. I have not read completely through the thread, but intend to now. Thanks for your responses...
    Glad you got I worked out, and thanks for coming back to let us know.

Another “glad it worked out” from me.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eflow_75 View Post
    According to the instructions, I was to line up the second larger cutout with the pin. So, I stuck a dowel in the chamber, lined up the cutout exactly with the pin, flipped the gun over and whacked it with a punch. Snapped like a carrot. The outside of the slide lock was still caught on the slide, so I broke the pin where it attaches to the finger part of the slide stop. Not sure on terminology. I tried everything else before resorting to the Flintstone method. Lesson learned. Thanks for your reply.
    Interesting. By "broke like a carrot" I envisioned something different. For future reference, I would suggest using firm pressure with a hard, but non-marring object, once the slide is lined up right. Some guns will become easier and not require a tool to help, others will always remain tight, in my experience.

On the used T40, I suggest you consider replacing the recoil spring before shooting much and if the gun does not look well-broken-in, then lube it pretty well for a while. I almost always replace recoil springs on used semi autos I buy, since I have no idea how many rounds have been through the gun before.