Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr customer service is a bust.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have had only limited contact with kahr support, but that experience was much better than you describe. Not doubting you....just adding a data point. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the broken part and perhaps the parts they sent? That might help sort things out here.

I am at a loss to figure out how tapping or pushing on the slide stop to remove it could cause it to snap, unless it was simply a defective part. Even then, if it snapped apart like a caarrot that would suggest some sort of lateral pressure, whcih should not be part of removal or reinstallation. I also cannot understand why Kahr could not figure out the part you need. I wonder if perhaps there is a communication error here? I assume by slide stop pin you mean the slide stop itself, right? Or were you removing something else like the retaining pin for the slide stop spring?

Worst case, you might need to send the gun back to kahr and they will fix it, but I am hoping people here can help you get this sorted.

I'm wondering if he used a small punch and tried to pry the slide lock out from the under the thumb release.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    I'm wondering if he used a small punch and tried to pry the slide lock out from the under the thumb release.
    I have seen it suggested somewhere that one use a screwdriver tip or similar to pry out the slide stop, but I have never thought that sounded ideal. On those guns where my finger can't push it far enough, I will apply pressure with some sort of hard, but non-marring object like a toothbrush handle or screwdriver handle while or small delrin rod, of course keeping slide properly aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by JD950 View Post
    On those guns where my finger can't push it far enough, I will apply pressure with some sort of hard, but non-marring object like a toothbrush handle or screwdriver handle while or small delrin rod, of course keeping slide properly aligned.
    I use the base of a magazine to push the pin of my K9, after lining up the slide in the takedown position of course. The pin can be tight. Mine has never "lossened up" however.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Well, I finally got this resolved. LOVE. LOVE the gun. Evidently there was a design change and the pin that was being sold on the website was different than the pin that I broke. Took awhile, but Kahr customer service actually did okay in the end. I just needed to rant, I suppose. I tried to purchase a t40 as they are going, going... My rapist retailer wanted too much $$ for it though. So, I just bought a used one, should be here Friday. I have not read completely through the thread, but intend to now. Thanks for your responses...

I can remove the slide lock pin very easily with my fingers, I just had not lined up the slide correctly. I swear the directions are incorrect that came with the gun. I read all the forums and got the impression on a new K40 the pin is "tricky" sometimes. So I whacked it and snapola, RATS. Honestly, I ran 500 rounds through the gun so far without one problem, flawless performance. I am now hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eflow_75 View Post
    Well, I finally got this resolved. LOVE. LOVE the gun. Evidently there was a design change and the pin that was being sold on the website was different than the pin that I broke. Took awhile, but Kahr customer service actually did okay in the end. I just needed to rant, I suppose. I tried to purchase a t40 as they are going, going... My rapist retailer wanted too much $$ for it though. So, I just bought a used one, should be here Friday. I have not read completely through the thread, but intend to now. Thanks for your responses...
    Glad you got I worked out, and thanks for coming back to let us know.

Exactly JD. I just use a soft face hammer or whatever is handy. Align it, give it a little tap, once it pops loose a tiny bit your home free.

It's easy, it's fast and your not scratching up your gun with a pry bar.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Agreed agreed agreed... Same here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I find just using the plastic handle of a small screwdriver, cleaning brush or old toothbrush or some delrin cleaning tools I have works fine. Instead of tapping I just push the stop out like one would do with a finger. I keep something suitable in range bags and cleaning boxes; sometimes they are useful for other pistols with tightly fitted slide stops as well. Frankly, a popsicle stick or a bic pen will usually do the trick as well.