Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr customer service is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnett View Post
    I'm wondering if he used a small punch and tried to pry the slide lock out from the under the thumb release.
    I have seen it suggested somewhere that one use a screwdriver tip or similar to pry out the slide stop, but I have never thought that sounded ideal. On those guns where my finger can't push it far enough, I will apply pressure with some sort of hard, but non-marring object like a toothbrush handle or screwdriver handle while or small delrin rod, of course keeping slide properly aligned.

Exactly JD. I just use a soft face hammer or whatever is handy. Align it, give it a little tap, once it pops loose a tiny bit your home free.

It's easy, it's fast and your not scratching up your gun with a pry bar.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Agreed agreed agreed... Same here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I find just using the plastic handle of a small screwdriver, cleaning brush or old toothbrush or some delrin cleaning tools I have works fine. Instead of tapping I just push the stop out like one would do with a finger. I keep something suitable in range bags and cleaning boxes; sometimes they are useful for other pistols with tightly fitted slide stops as well. Frankly, a popsicle stick or a bic pen will usually do the trick as well.

Agreed. It doesn't take much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm curious to see when the OP stops in and tells us the rest of the story?

I suspect it's a hit and run and he won't be back. Hope I'm wrong but .....well I was wrong once before, I think it was 1968, no....1967.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by JD950 View Post
    On those guns where my finger can't push it far enough, I will apply pressure with some sort of hard, but non-marring object like a toothbrush handle or screwdriver handle while or small delrin rod, of course keeping slide properly aligned.
    I use the base of a magazine to push the pin of my K9, after lining up the slide in the takedown position of course. The pin can be tight. Mine has never "lossened up" however.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Ya, I just tap mine with a screwdriver handle. My old MK9 was very stiff, but it got easy after a little bit.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

I get frustrated when someone posts a problem and I take the time to try to help and it turns out they just wanted to make a statement. They should at least say "I am just coming here to complain and won't be reading your responses" or something like that. Oh well, I hope he figures out how he broke his gun and gets it fixed.