Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW380 will not break in.

Default CW380 will not break in.

I have e mailed Kahr tech div and asked them for any assistance they can provide. Would like to hear from others in here. My CW380 I bought in July of 2017 will not "break in" for nothing. I have close to 1000 rds thru it and it is so tight I can barley retract the slide to lock it back into open position to release the slide lock for ammo insertion in the chamber. My CM9 was no problem at all. The 200 ...recommended break in did nothing...at 500 zip and now like I said almost 1000 rds...(failure free and very accurate rds I might add) it is still like brand new. Any suggestions???

Failure free and accurate sounds broken in to me. The little buggers are tight though.

As skiflydive says, your gun IS successfully broken in if it shoots, ejects and feeds properly. The CW380 is always going to be hard to rack, but that's the price this design demands for such a small pistol. I think you need to shoot the CW380 regularly enough that you are confident that you can do a reload without struggling (IF you carry a spare mag). Basically, your technique needs to break in, because the gun isn't going to get any easier to rack.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Showed my P380 to a few ol'timers at the club when I first got it. They wanted one until they found that they couldn't rack it or lock the slide back.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by HeartachesNhangovers View Post
    As skiflydive says, your gun IS successfully broken in if it shoots, ejects and feeds properly. The CW380 is always going to be hard to rack, but that's the price this design demands for such a small pistol. I think you need to shoot the CW380 regularly enough that you are confident that you can do a reload without struggling (IF you carry a spare mag). Basically, your technique needs to break in, because the gun isn't going to get any easier to rack.
    True. You’ll get there. Im pretty old but through practice and adjusting grip it’s not difficult now. Still hard right after replacing the recoil springs.

As a work-around, try inserting an empty mag. If you can get the slide back, it will lock open by itself.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Mine is tight also but here’s a possible suggestion. Order another recoil spring and shoot a couple of boxes of ammo with it so it loosens up. Then start clipping 1/4 coil at a time from the spring and trying it out. I’d be careful though because it may induce some fail to return to battery issues.

Just a thought...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I know some people who use the Handi-Racker. I know it's not optimal because you won't carry it around with you at all times, but they charge their pistols before they carry.

http://www.handi-racker.com/

I own the green Handi-Racker, and bought it so my wife could easily rack the CT380 I bought for her. The Handi-Racker works very well.

However, I no longer need the Handi-Racker, as someone wanted that CT380 more than my wife did, and bought it from me.

So, Mike_usn_ret, if you want it, it’s yours. Feel free to PM me with a shipping address.

-Wlf

I'm kind of tearing up here a bit, some mighty nice gestures going on around here lately. Part of what makes Kahrtalk a winner.

Mike, if you need a wingman to help fight off evil and threats to our American way of life, I'm your guy. Just avoid stairs, uphill grades, and other unfavorable obstacles and I'll be right there with ya.

Dang, hope you don't live in the frozen wasteland of the NE right now, can't handle the cold too good. We're suppose to get our first white stuff late Saturday and Sunday, might be a long weekend for bawanna unless I got to drive to Mike's place to fight neer do wells.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    I own the green Handi-Racker, and bought it so my wife could easily rack the CT380 I bought for her. The Handi-Racker works very well.

However, I no longer need the Handi-Racker, as someone wanted that CT380 more than my wife did, and bought it from me.

So, Mike_usn_ret, if you want it, it’s yours. Feel free to PM me with a shipping address.

-Wlf
    TY for you very kind offer, but I tried one and my wife still did not like using it. I do not carry or fire the gun often and like I said it functions fine except for the manual racking is so difficult. Another thing to all the suggestions is ty, but you do not have any idea how difficult this gun is. I have shot and taken down other CW380s, .... part of the reason I bought one and never had this problem with anyone of them.....trust me, this gun is unique in difficulty.