Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW380 will not break in.

The hood was not real bad but the barrel was scraping on it more than it should. The back arrow is the area that was really sharp and seemed to hang up. That is the area I actually filed. I compared it to my friends slide in the area. Like I said it is at least able to lock the slide back now a lot easier.

Usually that area has a corresponding rough area on top of the barrel hood, so it must not have been too terrible bad. Certainly enough to cause you grief but you could very well have it cured. Shooting a few more rounds might loosen things up a bit more.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Anything that slides against something on my CW380 gets grease, not oil. I had a bit of very minor gauling on my barrel hood and polished it out and continue to grease. The gauling has not returned.

Between trip to chemo for wife and followup for partial colon removal for myself, I got to only put 30 rds thru the CW380 today. Still tight, but functions 4.0 and is accurate.....that is what counts I guess. Loaded with PowRBall ammo, and put in a safe space.

Actually got an E-Mail from Kahr today. Sent me a label for shipping back to them for an inspection. Said that many rds thru, they need to inspect to see what is the problem causing the near impossible racking. Real nice about it. I know many think I am just looking for problems...in reality I like the gun ....a lot . Just can not rely on it as a CCW if it jammed I could not clear it.

That’s really good. Keep us posted when it comes back.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Just received an e mail...shipped back to me today, will have it Wed afternoon. No details on what they did. Two week turnaround is pretty good I would say.

When I sent mine back, they kept it a day and replaced the barrel and all springs. Runs like a top now.

Got the CW380 back today. Work order said they replaced the extractor and a mag spring. Is the same with all 3 mags. How that relates to the slide being very hard to rack beats me. Slightly better to rack.?...nope. Oh well it shoots well and will not be a CCW to worry about clearing a jam, so that is that.

New poster. Hi!

I purchased a new Black cerakote cw380 and when I first brought it home it was so tight that I almost was not able to rack the slide. It was not only tight, but kind-of felt sticky too.

After a few test racks, I decided to take it apart clean and lube all the parts and while I was in there, I also took some 200 grit sandpaper and smoothed out some of the friction surfaces. After I fired 100 rounds for my first break in session, the slide is much easier to rack but still takes a fair amount of effort. I find that pushing the lower while holding the slide is easier than holding the lower and pulling the slide.

Today, I emailed Kahr for my own issues, but I'll start a new thread for that.