Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CW380 will not break in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    Got the CW380 back today. Work order said they replaced the extractor and a mag spring. Is the same with all 3 mags. How that relates to the slide being very hard to rack beats me. Slightly better to rack.?...nope. Oh well it shoots well and will not be a CCW to worry about clearing a jam, so that is that.
    Strange. Just can't help thinking there's something wrong with the recoil springs, like at least one of them is for a bigger gun or something. Of course when they're brand new or just replaced, the springs are a bear. But they do get easier after just a couple of range trips. Its too bad because the whole point of these little guys is their convenience for every day carry.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I thought they would replace the springs also. I am not a firearms repair expert, but replacing the extractor and a mag spring ( Actually read it wrong...said they replaced a mag) does't fly for me to see that as being any kind of repair action for this problem. It gets better though...looking at the mags...neither of the two mags are new, and the springs are not new also. I think I might just buy new recoil springs and start over.....you are right it is to good of a cc firearm to not have it dependable for such. Just so glad I bought my CM9 though.

Took the CZ P-07 out to the range today...enjoy shooting it a lot. Also took the CW380 with me. I have had the slide locked open for the past few days. Shot a box of cheap Estate ammo and actually ( of course zero problems) seems to be better operating the slide. Never ceases to impress me how accurate that little gun is.

That was a big help for mine too. I left it locked open in the safe for a few days and racked it while I watched tv at night. It's still a stiff slide but much more usable now. Mine has about 700 rounds through it and it's still stiffer than other guns but much better than new.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    That was a big help for mine too. I left it locked open in the safe for a few days and racked it while I watched tv at night. It's still a stiff slide but much more usable now. Mine has about 700 rounds through it and it's still stiffer than other guns but much better than new.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Was going to the range with mine today, but slight drizzle and not so warm weather is putting it off till tomorrow. Racking the slide when I am watching TV is helping...lol...by time it is broken in the springs will need replaced!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pickandpray View Post
    New poster. Hi!

I purchased a new Black cerakote cw380 and when I first brought it home it was so tight that I almost was not able to rack the slide. It was not only tight, but kind-of felt sticky too.

After a few test racks, I decided to take it apart clean and lube all the parts and while I was in there, I also took some 200 grit sandpaper and smoothed out some of the friction surfaces. After I fired 100 rounds for my first break in session, the slide is much easier to rack but still takes a fair amount of effort. I find that pushing the lower while holding the slide is easier than holding the lower and pulling the slide.

Today, I emailed Kahr for my own issues, but I'll start a new thread for that.
    Pushing the lower rather than pulling the slide is a technique suggested by an old-timer at the Seecamp forum for those having trouble racking their slides. If you hold your hand that's grasping the slide tightly to your chest while pushing forward on the lower it helps a great deal. I think most people can exert more pressure in this manner.

Mine is tucked away in one of the hiding places in the home. Emergency go to gun if all else fails. I'll take it to the range once a month to just keep it happy, but not a rotation EDC gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    Mine is tucked away in one of the hiding places in the home. Emergency go to gun if all else fails. I'll take it to the range once a month to just keep it happy, but not a rotation EDC gun.
    That's a good plan to have several guns strategically placed in your home...I'm never more than 20 feet or so away from one at my place. That's too bad about your .380, since IMO they're a fine carry gun. My CW380 has become my favorite EDC, beating out my Seecamp and RM380.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    That's a good plan to have several guns strategically placed in your home...I'm never more than 20 feet or so away from one at my place. That's too bad about your .380, since IMO they're a fine carry gun. My CW380 has become my favorite EDC, beating out my Seecamp and RM380.
    I have bought several other handguns for EDC, but my CM9 still is my favorite. I like DA/SA firearms more, but even so, my CM9 wins over all of them for my MOST OFTEN carried gun.