Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabulous February...

Quote Originally Posted by Wlfman13 View Post
    Shrine of the Mall Ninja

I have read this multiple times, and it still cracks me up. Every time. See how far you can read before you start laughing. https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
    -Wlf

Thanks for the memories! I had forgotten about that/those characters! Twas better than reading the Sunday Funnies
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

A boat was docked in a tiny fishing village.
    A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and... asked how long it took to catch them.
    "Not very long" they answered in unison.
    "Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"
    The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.
    "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"
    "We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children, and take siestas with our wives. In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs.
    We have a full life."
    The tourist interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."
    "And after that?"
    "With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.
    Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City!!! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."
    "How long would that take?"
    "Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.
    "And after that?"
    "Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting," answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"
    "Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.
    "After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."
    "With all due respect sir, but that's exactly what we are doing now. So what's the point wasting twenty-five years?"
    And the moral of this story is:
    Know where you're going in life, you may already be there! Many times in life, money is not everything.
    “Live your life before life becomes lifeless”

Thomas Jefferson said

and

I like that! The way I've always looked at it; "In a free society the amount of happiness we experience in our lives is largely a matter of perspective. If you really feel that you can’t find happiness, examine your perspective."

Valentine's thought of the day.......When you are first married all you need is two hearts and a diamond but after 35 years you would rather have a club and a spade....

Jocko Sighting. No surprise here.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Swimming and a Shark

There is this atheist swimming in the ocean. All of the sudden he sees this shark in the water, so he starts swimming towards his boat.

As he looks back he sees the shark turn and head towards him. His boat is a ways off and he starts swimming like crazy. He’s scared to death, and as he turns to see the jaws of the great white beast open revealing its teeth in a horrific splendor, the atheist screams, “Oh God! Save me!”

In an instant time is frozen and a bright light shines down from above. The man is motionless in the water when he hears the voice of God say, “You are an atheist. Why do you call upon me when you do not believe in me?”

Aghast with confusion and knowing he can’t lie the man replies, “Well, that’s true I don’t believe in you, but how about the shark? Can you make the shark believe in you?”

The Lord replies, “As you wish,” and the light retracted back into the heavens and the man could feel the water begin to move once again.

As the atheist looks back he can see the jaws of the shark start to close down on him, when all of sudden the shark stops and pulls back.

Shocked, the man looks at the shark as the huge beast closes its eyes and bows its head and says, “Thank you Lord for this food which I am about to receive…

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Valentine's thought of the day.......When you are first married all you need is two hearts and a diamond but after 35 years you would rather have a club and a spade....
    I get the humor but it's pretty lost on us. Our 33rd Valentines day and we're still at step one. But then, you did say 35 years so perhaps we just need a little bit more time.
    NRA Benefactor