Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lakeline magazine follower as a solution to my cw9 feeding problem?

Mine run on grease as well. Should run fine after a few more rounds.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Alright ladies and gents, I spent a whole day at the range today. One of the guns I shot was the tiny CW9. What a truly great hand gun. The awesome Lakeline followers and the updated plastic Kahr followers have resolved my FTF and bullet nose dive issues completely in every way possible. I put a couple hundred rounds through the CW9 today and not a single FTF. Not a single malfunction of any kind. I used 5 different types of ammo from fmj target ammo to jhp defensive ammo. All different bullet weights and brass and aluminum casings too. I could not make the CW9 malfunction no matter how hard I tried. I tried riding the slide closed as slow as molasses. I slingshotted the slide normally. I did not ever use the slide release, as the factory instructs. A personal requirement of mine is flawless feed from slingshotting and riding the slide, if I so choose. A hand gun in good working order will do both smooth and clean. It's my requirement and it passed. I could not get it to fail. It ate ammo like it was starving. The iron sights are working perfect. Got the crimson trace laser dialed in real accurate out to 15 yards. This rig is ready.

Glad to hear it SingleStack, A good shooting Kahr is absolutely a keeper....The Lakeline followers make a difference and add to the reliability of the gun and I have them in all my magazines but I have to say that when my PM9 was brand new and before I did anything to it I got a free range pass from the LGS where I bought it and I shot 100 rounds of range ammo just to see if it would shoot and I limp waisted the heck out of it trying for a malfunction and it never missed a beat...When I got it home and cleaned it the thing was filthy but it never had any problems at all.....After installing the Lakeline followers it is easier to rack and after I guess 1000 rounds down range the little gun has never once malfunctioned in any way so she's my baby forever...

I put the Lakeline followers in my two original 7 round mags from 2008, original springs. Those two 7 rounders are now my best mags. Really will bet my life on those. The 8 round mag with Lakeline follower is a close contender, but sometimes it hiccups on a slow ride. So it will be downloaded to 7 rounds max for buttery feed. There's no slow riding the slide with the 10 round mags. You must slingshot hard and slam the slide shut if you expect it to load if the mags are topped off completely full. So those are out. I don't like that. I feel going beyond 7 rounds exceeds reliable feeding of single stack 9mm bullets in my CW9. Others results may vary.

If only have 7 rounds in the 8 and 10 round mags, they feed the gun as buttery smooth as the original 7 round mags. So what I'm saying is beyond 7 rounds the feed gets harder and harder the more single stack nine rounds you add. I have resolved myself to the fact this is a 7 round mag gun so I've ordered springs and base plates to turn my two 10 round mags into 7 rounders. The body of the 10 round mags are identical to my original 7's so that's great. Now I have 4 seven round mags and an 8. Keep two 7 round mags on my ankle (if I'm wearing pants and not cargo shorts with side pockets), 1 in the gun (of course). One in my left front pocket on a neo-mag. Oh and my Sig Sauer P365XL arrives this week. CW9 was lonely. Now it will have backup haha.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, let me tell ya. MagGuts for the win. Thank you so much to the gent who suggested MagGuts to me. What a winning product. I didn't think anything could get better than the Lakeline followers, but was shown it could. Feels great carrying around an extra bullet in each mag, plus zero failure to feed issues. The follower design seems even better than the Lakeline followers, if that's even possible. I ordered 2 more MagGuts for my other 2 mags for a total of 4 conversions to MagGuts. Perfect. I have a renewed love for this gun. Just in time for my new Sig P365XL to arrive. I see it's at the Renton post office this morning. Will arrive to the FFL in a few hrs and then I can go do the paperwork on it. It's a happy Thursday.