Crimsontrace   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakeline magazine follower as a solution to my cw9 feeding problem?

Default Lakeline magazine follower as a solution to my cw9 feeding problem?

I recently posted about the problem I’m having with my cw9 with nearly 200 rounds through it. At least half the rounds apparently nose dive causing the slide to stop short about an inch from closing properly. Three different types ammo - all 115 grain brass FMJ. I saw a YouTube video from a guy who changed out the Kahr followers with metal (aluminum) followers by Lakeline and was a fan of them. Some commented they had improved feeding after using them also. I’m about at my wits end with this brand new gun and am wondering if I should spend the $20 the Lakeline costs before spending more to overnight ship this lemon back to Kahr in hopes it might come back and work as good as the guns I have that cost half as much as this cw9. I bought this as a concealed carry gun and I like the weight and accuracy but unless the gun has an internal switch that says “okay he’s wasted 200 rounds, you can work now,” I would never buy another Kahr that I hadn’t fired a few clips through first.

Have any other cw9 owners found Lakeline followers to be a solution to a feeding problem? Thanks in advance for your advice.

I just got them. Not sure it will fix your issue though, however it might. What type of ammo are you using? Obviously if it’s +p you’ll run into problems with grip. Fwiw I have not had any failures in my P9 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is a new gun it’s likely Kahr will pay for the shipping both ways. I would send it back.

The Lakeline followers are great and solve the problem of the plastic follower breaking from hitting the feed ramp but your gun should function with the stock followers.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I agree. Your gun should function with the factory parts.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

My CW9 is early production with the crappy followers. I’d get a few nose dives every time I took it to the range. Always would happen when the mag near full. I just swapped out all my followers with the lakeline aluminum ones and now I can ride the slide closed as slow as I see fit and it chambers rounds smoother than I’ve ever experienced with this gun. No more nose dives with my standard 7 round mags.

My 10 round mags still don’t really like to feed the first 2 or 3 rounds, but after that, like buttah. With the 10 round mags I still gotta let the slide hammer those first few rounds in, but where I’d get nose dives before, I only get a split second hesitation where it appears like it wants to jam up and then decides to go. Not gonna trust the 10 rounders till a few hundred rounds go through without any nose dives.

I think Kahr ‘s latest followers don’t have that contour in it. They work better. I think Greg modified some followers a while back by sanding the hump/contour down.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I have Lakeline followers in two mags but have not tested those. I took the cue from advise here.

The weak link in a Kahr pistol has always been the magazine which I believe they outsource to another vendor....Kahr makes the finest gem of a pistol but the magazine looks to be an after thought....I was able to trade for a black base mag from the limited run "Thin Blue Line" PM9 guns that isn't available from the Kahr parts department for some reason and it looks so much better like it should have come from the factory but it still isn't up to par with the current market and is why we will never see a double stack Kahr to compete with a Hellcat or a Sig P365 because either Kahr is happy with their market share as is or doesn't want to spend the money to invest in a new product....It's too bad because I think the market is there but what do I know....I'm very happy with my PM9 now that it feeds correctly because a really smart, talented guy like Alfonse came up with a magazine follower that actually works very well and for a decent price but it's a shame a consumer has to alter an expensive pistol to make it reliable to carry.....Thank you Alfonse

The problem may not be the magazine follower, it maybe the feed ramp. The problem you having sound like the problem I had. When I went to pickup my gun from my local gun store (after 10 days of waiting). I purchase some snap caps bought the Kahr CW9 home loaded up the magazine with the snap caps hit the slide release FTF what the heck... Drop the magazine, shook out the snap cap tried again same problem. Went down to Walmart brought some Rem oil and oil for lubrication. Gave the gun a good cleaning I noticed that their was black deposits (gun powder) on the feed ramp clean and polish it to the point it was shining. Oil parts of the gun that needed to be oil put it all back together and wipe it down. I loaded up the magazine again with the snap caps put the magazine in the gun hit the slide release "bingo" it was like butter. I was able to find ammo at my local ace hardware store I got two boxes, one 150 rds of winchester 124 gr nato the
    other was 50 rds of blazer 147 gr. Took a trip to a outdoor shooting range I shot the 50 rds of blazers with no problems and 20 rds of the winchester with no problems. The mechanic side of me wanted to try something so I went to Walmart pick up some gun grease cleaned the gun, wipe it inside and out this time instead of using oil I used a gun grease. Went back to the outdoor shooting range fired the gun the 3rd shot FTF... Operating this gun with grease I was having all kinds of problems. So I decided to stick using oil so far I haven't had any problems. I hope this help

P.S. keep the feed ramp clean and polish

My three Kahrs and the one I gave my GF all run perfectly on grease. Cash flex, yours may work perfectly with grease after it has more rounds through it. I did polish my feed ramps with jewelrs rouge on a dremell linen wheel before shooting.