Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace

Thread: Modifying slide release

Default Modifying slide release

I don't like how sharp the corners of the slide release levers are on my Kahrs, particularly the smaller ones. If I shoot much I get a very minor cut on the side of my thumb. I am thinking of getting a couple replacement slide release levers and rounding them with a dremel. Wondering if anyone might have any tips or suggestions before I do this. I intend to keep the originals intact in case I mess up or want to put the guns back to original condition.

I haven’t done it yet but I’ve seen it done on here often. Take your trusty Dremel and round it smooth. You’ll be glad you did.

I think Bawana did his that way.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yup, dremel or file, whatever. I really dehorned mine. Almost too much, made it challenging to operate. I ordered a replacement and haven't got around to dehorning it yet. I won't go quite as much this time. Actually it doesn't seem to bother me as is for some reason.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

All it takes is a fine file or sandpaper used to "break" the sharp edges, no more cuts
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Thanks. Sounds like there are no issues other than not going to far. Perhaps I will file the corners first and then decide, but I kid of like the idea of a bit more rounded lower rear edge. I figure I need to stay away from the top edge to maintain the usability. if anyone wants to put up pictures of what they think is "right" or too much, I would love a visual before I start. Probably will do the PM9 first and then go after the P380.

Quote Originally Posted by JD950 View Post
    Thanks. Sounds like there are no issues other than not going to far. Perhaps I will file the corners first and then decide, but I kid of like the idea of a bit more rounded lower rear edge. I figure I need to stay away from the top edge to maintain the usability. if anyone wants to put up pictures of what they think is "right" or too much, I would love a visual before I start. Probably will do the PM9 first and then go after the P380.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...5672#post15672
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks for the link. I should have done a search myself. Looks like exactly what I want to do, although perhaps I will start out just taking the point of the edge and see how that does. I don't have the ability to bead blast, so I guess I will end up with shiny edges