Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Trigger trouble

Default Trigger trouble

I have another thread in the pm group but thought I might get other ideas here. Anyway I bought a PM40 with a over 12# trigger. I found a lot of plastic in the channel for the trigger bar spring so I cleaned up the channel and went to a normal pull with a mag in and a 12# pull without a mag. With the side plate off I have a normal trigger with or without the mag but if I push in on the bar or put the side plate on I’m back to the 12# pull have a new trigger bar spring ordered but I really don’t see a problem with the old on. So would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks I’ve fooled with this thing for three days and can’t figure it out.

It would be super to see a picture of that with the side plate off. That trigger bar is dragging someplace. I'm wondering about the back upper ear that rides the slide. They will often times pop out while the slide is off and need to be tucked back in.
    I to doubt the spring is the issue but one never knows without seeing it.
    Your onto something, I never heard about the issue going away with the side plate off on the other post.
    Didn't you say it got better with a magazine in place but back to heavy without?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes with the side plate off it is fine with or without the mag. With the plate on it is fine with the mag in but not without mag. When I got the pistol it was bad with or without the mag but after I cleaned up the spring channel it at least worked ok with the mag in. I’m at a loss.

Someone put it back together wrong before you got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Someone put it back together wrong before you got it?
    You may very well be rite but I can see no signs of it ever being apart. The trigger pin doesn’t have a mark on it and I’m not sure what to look for.