Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Disassembly of K series?

Default Disassembly of K series?

Are all the Kahr K series hard to disassemble, like what I've read about the K9?
    thanks,
    Jim

I don't find them hard to disassemble at all, what have you read? All the K's are the same. Most have to take a mag or something to pop the slide release pin the first tiny bit, after that its easy and that part isn't hard. Just the spring holding the pin in place.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

But, not as easy as the T series, and polymer models?

Try positioning a Sharpie pen to hold the slide back enough to push the slide lock pin out. Either the barrel or the cover work at some positions. You should be able to align the slide notch with the pin and tap our the pin from the other side with a plastic screwdriver handle, or push the pin against the edge of a table or something with enough protrusion.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I put my left thumb through the trigger guard, align the notch or the marks if you use them and can easily hold it in position while I use a soft face hammer or screwdriver handle or popcicle stick, whatever I got handy to push the pin. It's just that first little bit. Some with apparently strong fingers or thumbs can pop them. I have but can't do it regular.

I don't have experience with the T series "yet". I think they are more like the tupperware models if I recall.
    I much prefer the K style myself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I read one of the earlier threads you posted that information into. Looks like it should work. I dont have a Kahr pistol yet, just reading about the ones that I have some interest. Thanks for the response.
    Jim

Ahhh, your succumbing to negative internet hype. Have no worries. It honestly isn't that big of a deal.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

The K series are different from the other Kahrs and the effort to move the pin is greater due to a stronger spring. Because the alignment cuts are on the left side and the pin on the right, it can be hard to keep everything in the correct spot while you push on the pin. In my opinion Kahr overlooked the simple solution to this problem, which is to put alignment witness marks on the right side. The other solution is a spacer of some sort placed in the breach. Kahr sells such a device. I whittled a piece of wood to fit. Sharpies work well too it seems.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Those K40 and PM40 springs are stout as hell!